User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Anything and everything 8bit and earlier.

Neo Geo - tried this and was majorly underwhelmed.
    3DO - just no good games for this at all, well none you cant get better version on other systems.
    Jaguar - as above.

N64 & Gamecube...Not my cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by Anpanman View Post
    Soul Calibur on the Xbox was lightening quick to load which led to one slightly poorer experience, the Gamecube version had a decent amount of time to taunt due to longer loading whereas it was impossible on the Xbox as no sooner had the taunt screen appeared you were fighting.
    General consensus is that the Gamecube and Xbox versions of SCII were different, but both good in their own way. The Gamecube one had the best special character; Link was the most fun to use. Heihachi in the PS2 version wasn't great and Spawn was broken; much too powerful. Conversely the Xbox version had a proper widescreen mode (where the game camera changed slightly to give a better view) and surround-sound.

You could nominate either, really, but the PS2 was the worst overall. I think few would disagree with that assertion.

There are usually a small number of great games on any system, regardless of age or manufacturer. Whether or not they're worth owning comes down to your space and budget constraints, and how happy you are with as perfect an emulation solution as you can get elsewhere.

There's nothing I'd say I can't go back to. TLoZ (NES, WiiVC) grabbed me for a whole two days a couple of weeks back, I'd never played it before so nostalgia wasn't a factor at all. Even the kids had a great time watching and joining in. A classic example of the sneaky design bastards at Nintendo and how they've not changed one bit over the years.

Someone mentioned the Wii being a waste of time and money... I have mine CFW'd up with well over 500 games on there stretching from NES, MS, PC Engine, Mega Drive, SNES, NeoGeo, N64, Gamecube, Wii. Then there's RetroArch for CPS, CPS2, and other MAME stuff. If I had to spend the rest of my life on a desert island and could only bring one console it'd definitely be that.

I loved C64 and Amiga back in the days, in a craze I recently bought a complete Amiga 500 again but just couldnt get back into it at all. Apart from the great music which is still outstanding i couldnt really get in to any games.... Shame really, I used to love Moonstone.... everything else retro is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by CMcK View Post
    The McWill screen mod for the GG transforms it into something worth owning. The looks I get on the train when I have the GG out.
    Does look great really want to get a mcwill Lynx when finances allow!

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    General consensus is that the Gamecube and Xbox versions of SCII were different, but both good in their own way. The Gamecube one had the best special character; Link was the most fun to use. Heihachi in the PS2 version wasn't great and Spawn was broken; much too powerful. Conversely the Xbox version had a proper widescreen mode (where the game camera changed slightly to give a better view) and surround-sound.

You could nominate either, really, but the PS2 was the worst overall. I think few would disagree with that assertion.
    I remember reading a review which said as much, the PS2 version was a disaster. The GC version was noted for its fire/flame effects which I did think were better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Does look great really want to get a mcwill Lynx when finances allow!
    Yeah me too. I hope he offers the Nomad screen mod he was talking about eventually too.

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    Anything and everything 8bit and earlier.

Neo Geo - tried this and was majorly underwhelmed.
    3DO - just no good games for this at all, well none you cant get better version on other systems.
    Jaguar - as above.
    3do has Return Fire. The best 2 player game ever made and it's the best version too.

Starblade. A really good super street fighter 2.