User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I love Tekken, Tekken 2 was awesome for the content, but the series clicked with me from Tekken 3.

Tekken 3 was majestic, I loved Tekken 5 too. I did fall out of love with the series namely with Tekkens 4, 6 and Tag 2. I really couldn't get into 6's system.

That brings me to Tekken 7. I got it last year on Steam and have been really getting into, no question it's the best Tekken ever - it's so much fun and the system is the right mix of 5 and 6 with a sprinkling of it's own stuff. Plus having Geese and Akuma in it is awesome,

Used to be a massive fan of the early part of the series - 1&2 are great (but abit limited control-wise) and 3 really pushed the ps1.

Regarding the ps2, tag was incredible. Loved 4 too,with its nice tight gameplay and beautiful 480p output. 5 looked great and DR on the PS3 in native 1080p was fantastic (the tag upscale is nice too). After that, down the crapper (especially the latest one).

I actually gave them all a rattle recently and was still impressed; the series has quite possibly some of the best game music tracks I have heard too. Pushed, I would vote for Tekken 2 as the best package.

*fun fact - I remember paying 90 for a Sealed Tekken 2 in 1996! Worth every penny!*

I love the first three games, playing Tekken 1 at my friends was mind blowing, truly next gen for me. I didn't get to go to many arcades as a kid so I didn't even know about the series until it hit the PSX. I'm pretty sure it was my first 3D fighter.

I put a ton of time into Tekken 3 with friends, usually with Brian but I used a lot of characters since they were pretty much all interesting and fun to play as. I loved cheesing it with Eddy Gordo, Hwoarang was cool as well with the different stances. I put quite a bit of time into Tekken 4 at the Namco Station in the Trafford Centre while waiting for the PS2 port but fell off after that. I did plan to buy Tekken 5 on PS2 since it's cheap, runs in 60hz and has arcade Tekken 1 to 3 included I believe but that system's going to a new home now.

Honestly, it's my favourite beat em up series, especially the first three.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Used to be a massive fan of the early part of the series - 1&2 are great (but abit limited control-wise) and 3 really pushed the ps1.

Regarding the ps2, tag was incredible. Loved 4 too,with its nice tight gameplay and beautiful 480p output. 5 looked great and DR on the PS3 in native 1080p was fantastic (the tag upscale is nice too). After that, down the crapper (especially the latest one).

I actually gave them all a rattle recently and was still impressed; the series has quite possibly some of the best game music tracks I have heard too. Pushed, I would vote for Tekken 2 as the best package.

*fun fact - I remember paying 90 for a Sealed Tekken 2 in 1996! Worth every penny!*
    Surprised you didn't like Tekken 7 mate, I honestly think it's a return to form. Don't get me wrong story mode is pants - but the core mechanics are the best they've been I think - played a fair few hours online now.

All that said, my fave Namco fighter is definitely Soul Calibur. Really excited about Soul Calibur VI too!

PS. Anyone remember that god awful PS2 Nina spin off Death by Degrees... Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by UKGamer View Post
    Surprised you didn't like Tekken 7 mate, I honestly think it's a return to form. Don't get me wrong story mode is pants - but the core mechanics are the best they've been I think - played a fair few hours online now.

All that said, my fave Namco fighter is definitely Soul Calibur. Really excited about Soul Calibur VI too!

It’s wasn’t well resolution optimised for the PS4 pro, meaning a soft 1080p upscaled to my 4k monitor made it look nasty; they also didn’t allow you to disable the motion blur which made it look dreadful in motion. Just put me off it completely. Heard the pc version is nice in 4k with the blur disabled though.

Oh and too many emo haircuts....lol
    Last edited by dvdx2; 06-03-2018 at 09:57 PM.

It’s wasn’t well resolution optimised for the PS4 pro, meaning a soft 1080p upscaled to my 4k monitor made it look nasty; they also didn’t allow you to disable the motion blur which made it look dreadful in motion. Just put me off it completely. Heard the pc version is nice in 4k with the blur disabled though.

Lol fair enough on the hair cuts, but yeah I hear you about the motion blur turned it off straight away!!

Don't forget the leather and motorcycle armour.

Quote Originally Posted by UKGamer View Post
    Yeah; it was based on a good idea but just didn't work. I think the combat approach of the Batman Arkham games shares the general premise, just implemented much, much better.

It amuses me that Namco often put single-player third person beat-em up style things in Tekken when their only attempt to do that as an entire game was a failure. Tekken Force in 3 was good, but that's the only one I recall fondly.

Clue for the thirtieth Retro|Spective

Before Souls Went Demonic

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Clue for the thirtieth Retro|Spective

Before Souls Went Demonic
    King's Field?
    Armored Core?