Retro|Spective 029: Tekken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    It’s wasn’t well resolution optimised for the PS4 pro, meaning a soft 1080p upscaled to my 4k monitor made it look nasty; they also didn’t allow you to disable the motion blur which made it look dreadful in motion. Just put me off it completely. Heard the pc version is nice in 4k with the blur disabled though.

Oh and too many emo haircuts....lol
    Lol fair enough on the hair cuts, but yeah I hear you about the motion blur turned it off straight away!!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Oh and too many emo haircuts....lol
      Don't forget the leather and motorcycle armour.

Originally posted by UKGamer View Post
      PS. Anyone remember that god awful PS2 Nina spin off Death by Degrees... Yuck!
      Yeah; it was based on a good idea but just didn't work. I think the combat approach of the Batman Arkham games shares the general premise, just implemented much, much better.

It amuses me that Namco often put single-player third person beat-em up style things in Tekken when their only attempt to do that as an entire game was a failure. Tekken Force in 3 was good, but that's the only one I recall fondly.

Comment

Clue for the thirtieth Retro|Spective

Before Souls Went Demonic

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Clue for the thirtieth Retro|Spective

Before Souls Went Demonic
          King's Field?
          Armored Core?

Comment

The latter

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              The latter
              Oooh <rubs hands>

Expect a long post.

Comment

ROBOTS!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Little did he know I was once unemployed
                  Is this the best example of video game trash talk, ever? I think it might just be.

Comment

I spent many hours round my mate’s playing Tekken 2, smoking filthy rocky joints, dripping hot rocks everywhere... I’m amazed there wasn’t a nasty fire to be honest. I remember going up the shop with much anticipation to get the new Playstation magazine with the Tekken 3 demo and hammering it for a few days. When the full version finally arrived we’d play it upon returning from the pub on a Friday evening, about ten of us in a tiny smoke filled room.

Comment

Working...
                    X