Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SD2SNES problem. Could it be my power supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD2SNES problem. Could it be my power supply?

Hi guys.

I have a problem with my SD2SNES cart, it is loading to the menu and allows me to select a game but as soon as it loads the game, it crashes (usually after the title screen). I have had a little look around but not much advice out there. I did see something about the card using a lot of power and that got me thinking.

I am using a Super Famicom with a replacement UK 9V PSU. The standard SFC PSU is 10V. Could it be that it needs more power? If not any other ideas?

The console runs standard SFC games without a problem.

Cheers
    Last edited by dyer60; 06-03-2018, 21:01.

If you want to send it to me to test on a known fully working setup that’s already using sd2snes feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
      Hi guys.

I have a problem with my SD2SNES cart, it is loading to the menu and allows me to select a game but as soon as it loads the game, it crashes (usually after the title screen). I have had a little look around but not much advice out there. I did see something about the card using a lot of power and that got me thinking.

I am using a Super Famicom with a replacement UK 9V PSU. The standard SFC PSU is 10V. Could it be that it needs more power? If not any other ideas?

The console runs standard SFC games without a problem.

Cheers
      Voltage 9v vs 10v won't make much difference but you need to make sure you have enough current.. 1.2 amps or more should be fine..

Standard SFC psu from memory is only 850Ma

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
        If you want to send it to me to test on a known fully working setup that’s already using sd2snes feel free.
        Thanks Jei, I'll take you up on this if I don't get it sorted. Many thanks

MiG, I will take a look and see what the PSU I have provides.

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
          Voltage 9v vs 10v won't make much difference but you need to make sure you have enough current.. 1.2 amps or more should be fine..

Standard SFC psu from memory is only 850Ma
          The PSU is 500Ma.

What do you reckon?

Comment

That's not powerful enough, not really powerful enough even for the SFC on its own!! ..could be your problem.. do you have a UK Mega Drive 1 psu? That's 1.2Amp and should work..

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
              That's not powerful enough, not really powerful enough even for the SFC on its own!! ..could be your problem.. do you have a UK Mega Drive 1 psu? That's 1.2Amp and should work..
              I do yes! Let me give that a bash.

Comment

SORTED!

Now using the Megs Drive PSU and I wiped the card and started again, Works perfectly!
                @MiG Thanks.
                @Jei, really appreciate the offer but you can stand down. Cheers.
                Last edited by dyer60; 10-03-2018, 15:32.

Comment

Working...
                X