• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eighth of December.

Comment

I ordered on 18th Jan. I suspect I might have a while longer to wait

Comment

Ordere on the 9th of December, shipped today. UPS is giving tomorrow as a delivery date.

Comment

If mine doesn't make it by the weekend it'll be the 30th before I get to try it out as I'll be away with work and on a lads weekend in between. I don't suppose waiting ANOTHER three weeks will make a difference at this point.

Comment

I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these units guys. I’m willing the courier on...

Comment

I want to know how good this is before I order one. Might get shot of the Turbo Everdrive Col sold me before the prices hit rock bottom.

Comment

Got mine today. I'll test it out when I get my hands on a couple of PCE HuCards ROMS or I manage to rip one of my CD games.
                First impressions (box, manual, build quality) are good, the fact that I have to disconnect the PCE from the Power Base and the CD unit is less impressive, but I guess this little thing is meant to replace that whole setup.

Comment

Why would you retain the CD-Rom though Luca when it replaces all games?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    Why would you retain the CD-Rom though Luca when it replaces all games?
                    Looks good, I don't want to dig out the box to place the CD in.

Comment

Fair play mate, it is the most aesthetically pleasing combo ever made, I get it.

Comment

OK, second impressions: the unit doesn't use the same DIN cable as my RGB-modded PCE, instead it uses a 9 pin mini-DIN connector. And of course I don't have any cables like that around. I've tried with cables coming from a Saturn but the plug is too short and falls off the moment I let it go. OK, off to buy a new cable...

Comment

I couldn't look my wife in the eye and tell her I'm dropping half a grand on a 'Terror Onion'.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            OK, second impressions: the unit doesn't use the same DIN cable as my RGB-modded PCE, instead it uses a 9 pin mini-DIN connector. And of course I don't have any cables like that around. I've tried with cables coming from a Saturn but the plug is too short and falls off the moment I let it go. OK, off to buy a new cable...
                            Its an MD2 scart Luca, do you have one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Its an MD2 scart Luca, do you have one of those?
                              Nope. Tomorrow or during the weekend I'll dig out the PCE box to see if I have the original AV cable. You can still use the PCE's AV out (although the manual doesn't specify if that is restricted to only certain PCE models) but you won't get CD audio because that part of the hardware is in the SD System.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                                I want to know how good this is before I order one. Might get shot of the Turbo Everdrive Col sold me before the prices hit rock bottom.
                                They’ve already started plummeting unfortunately mate, good friend of mine picked one up inc SD card shipped last week for £30!

Comment

Working...
                                X