No announcement yet.

Terraonion - NeoSD / Super SD System 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still got a lovely briefcase. It just looks so ace I could never part with it! Just need to dust it off now and again.

There was a time I had 6 working pce’s of various shapes. I’ve been obsessed with this system since 1989 when I got my first one.

Comment

Oh I hear you mate, I remember when I owned an amount of PCE hard/software it’s probably best not to mention. Favourite system ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Oh I hear you mate, I remember when I owned an amount of PCE hard/software it’s probably best not to mention. Favourite system ever.
        Well I’ve still got the minty rondo that you sold me probably 10 years ago

Comment

Well I've got another couple of them sat here to sell if you want a spare.

I remember selling you the copy you have to be fair, I think I'd owned it since '93.

Comment

I love the fact that I bought a 64Gb card thinking, yeah, that'll definitely be enough for me to get everything I want on this thing. I've just finalised downloading pretty much everything I want, I'm not even going to burst 20Gb!

Comment

Having this thing has really stepped up my PCE playtime, I've had to move the system back down in to the living room so I can sneak in any wee session I can quickly when my wife isn't around. It meant having to buy my OSSC back from [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION], but I really do love the image it gives out, certainly having none of the image noise that was reported in the first revision of the boards.

You'll have to pardon the reflections in this one, unusually sunny right now!

Comment

Wow !! I am impressed as to how good that OSSC looks Colin.

Comment

Mhmmm Rayxander III.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                    I’ve been obsessed with this system since 1989 when I got my first one.
                    I seem to think you are 46, i'm 'only' 43 so not much in it

I was desperate for one as a 15yr old kid, but the adverts put out by NEC at the time scared my dad off from letting me get one. Used to read ACE over and over again about the quality of the R-Type conversion (which i had played non stop in an arcade on holiday in Spain).

Still haven't got one, but will do one day i think. Would have to be the white one as that was the object of my dreams back then (and Maria Whittaker).

Comment

Yeah OSSC is great for 240p. Not much good for me given the amount of 480i stuff I play tbh. Super Famicom and PS1 looked lovely though.

Comment

Turns out that until today I haven’t ever had the OSSC tweaked as good as it could’ve been. Looks brilliant now as opposed to its previous ‘great’, now I’m wondering if it could look better still if I understood more of the options.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Turns out that until today I haven’t ever had the OSSC tweaked as good as it could’ve been. Looks brilliant now as opposed to its previous ‘great’, now I’m wondering if it could look better still if I understood more of the options.
                          What did you change? Hardly touched any of the settings on mine, just left it how it was out of the box.

Comment

Er, I'm in Bristol now for work so can't remember the exact wording mate without seeing it, but there's a section in the menu which I think is maybe output? Anyway, I switched that to 4x something or other, and it really improved things. Only tried it with the PCE, not the Neo, but will test that on the weekend. I'm sure someone will be better able to explain what I'm babbling about! ( [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] maybe?)

Comment

You upped the integer scale so that the image looks finer. Regular 240p in 2x mode results in 480p, 4x will result in 1280x960.

Comment

I'm going to walk away whistling while trying to make it look like I understand that.

Comment

Working...
                                X