No announcement yet.

Terraonion - NeoSD / Super SD System 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a PDF of a decent AES snap-lock insert for the NeoSD, Japanese styleee please? The ones on Southtown are all US style shockboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      I'm going to walk away whistling while trying to make it look like I understand that.
      It's fairly simple actually. 240p is 320x240 (roughly this resolution at least.) 480p is 640x480, so each single pixel is multiplied into 4 (2x2). A 4x scale will draw that one pixel as a 4x4 block of 16 to create the same image, but upscaled.

Comment

Well yeah, obviously.

Comment

Yep. Your pixel lines were alternating between displaying two and three pixels. That'd look jarring from a regular viewing distance and could even appear to screw up the colours. You want resolution to scale in perfect multiples (the integer) for the display to come out clean.

When I emulate 240p at 1080p I have to play with some black space at the top and bottom because I can only fit 240p into 1080p four times to get 960 lines of resolution. Stretching that 960 up to 1080 looks like arseflap, especially when applying a CRT shader. I'd need a 4K solution because 240 goes into 2160 precisely nine times. An old 720p screen would probably do the job nicely as well. Thankfully I don't need to worry about this anymore until after my CRT dies.
          Last edited by dataDave; 09-04-2018, 23:55.

Comment

Not sure if any of this will come in handy to anyone:

Comment

It's an odd one this. I'm running mine through an OSSC on to my living room TV, and I can't hear any bad audio which is directed through my AV amp, even if I really crank it. On the little LCD I have my AES running through though, I'm certainly getting it on certain games if i run it through that. They seem to think they're going to be able to resolve it in the firmware update, though as my set up stands I have no issues personally.

Comment

Working...
              X