The Division 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Division 2

Ubisoft has had a surprise announcement of The Division 2 leaked after its press release popped up online, seemingly ea…

Ubisofts press release for The Division 2 appeared early online by mistake unintentionally confirming the title.

There's no date as yet for the game that is presumably PS4, XBO and PC bound with Ubisoft promising more info at E3 and more updates for the original game until then.

The last one might as well have been called Left 4 Dead 3 the amount of people that ditched it's piss poor end game.

Similar to COD this needs a miracle turn of fortune

Comment

I really enjoyed The Division. Great game in co-op. Hope this turns out well.

Comment

Much surprise not...I did say before the forum wipe and on RLLMUK that I suspected the recently delayed Ubisoft game was the sequel.

One piece that intrigued me was the number of Studios working on it; 'Development will be assisted by (deep breath) Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai.'. Makes me wonder if a lot of Massive are actually working on their Avatar games and a lot of content creation here has been farmed out, hence indicating this may be more of the same, rather than anything more evolutionary.

Lots of things I hope for, but definitely including much more substantive PVE content and proper development post-launch support rather than simply handing over the support of DLC to a subsidiary whilst the studio work on other games.

But the best third person shooter of this gen, so definitely looking forward to seeing more of it.

Comment

Can't wait for the 4K Patch and also the sequel to one of the best games ever made.

Comment

From Gamereactor (via Era): Gamereactor Rumor: The Division 2 has a development team of over 1000 people.

Whilst I've no doubt that Ubisoft have allowed for far more resources on this project (particularly if it was slated to come out this financial year to begin with) this is interesting and I wonder if it really is that many. I guess Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed had similar numbers. Won't leave them, many for Avatar mind...

Comment

7 of those are making the game, the remaining 993 are working out what to strip out for DLC, what microtransactions they can sell, what's the minimal viable product and how to monetise the rest.

Comment

Lol, probably. Certainly for a variety of reasons I would expect this to be more aggressively monetized than the original was. That only got cosmetic lootboxes after they abandoned the paid for year 2 content plans (although they were almost certainly coming year 2 anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                  From Gamereactor (via Era): Gamereactor Rumor: The Division 2 has a development team of over 1000 people.

Whilst I've no doubt that Ubisoft have allowed for far more resources on this project (particularly if it was slated to come out this financial year to begin with) this is interesting and I wonder if it really is that many. I guess Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed had similar numbers. Won't leave them, many for Avatar mind...
                  Its Ubisoft, some of the Assassin's Creed games used more staff. Can't wait for the game to ship, just hope for more interaction with the environment and for them to be more reactive to players actions

Comment

They can just put everyone on Division 2 for me. The first was a game I enjoyed more than I thought I would, can't believe they're bothering with Avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Its Ubisoft, some of the Assassin's Creed games used more staff. Can't wait for the game to ship, just hope for more interaction with the environment and for them to be more reactive to players actions
                      Yea indeed. I personally think they nailed the look and feel of NY, but it was lifeless in places. As someone said on Era it also felt like you arrived after all the interesting stuff had gone down. It's a good point.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      They can just put everyone on Division 2 for me. The first was a game I enjoyed more than I thought I would, can't believe they're bothering with Avatar.
                      Checking up it appears Avatar is FY21 or 22 so a while away. So maybe they want to get TD2 out the door and then move some of the resources over to that project.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        one of the best games ever made.
                        I'm with you on that mate. I absolutely loved The Division. Did so many things right (far more than a regular Ubisoft release).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I'm with you on that mate. I absolutely loved The Division. Did so many things right (far more than a regular Ubisoft release).
                          Yeah it was amazing and still today just walking around the game world is awe inspiring. Just needs some work on various small issues and I like for some more interaction with the environments and to see cars able to be blown up and bits of debris coming off buildings, that sort of stuff. In short Just more interactions and for the environment to be just that little more alive

Comment

It's interesting because Jim Sterling recently did a video about the recent Yakuza games in which part of his argument was that this smaller game world felt more alive than many games with a far bigger game world (obviously drawing comparison to something some of Ubisoft's open-world collectathons like AC and Ghost Recon Wildlands).

The video wasn't really connected to the Division, but I mention it as I think this feels like a situation where the sequel needs to be bigger, in-part because of the very repetitive gameplay. I would love a map that's much larger in scale and allows for more variation in environments. I've seen some people suggest Chicago would be a good location, but that feels like it might be too similar to NY for me. The rumour of Washington D.C. sounds more appealling to me because I assume it would allow for more variation of open-spaces or natural environments as well as the verticality of a large financial/business district.

Comment

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will be released before the end of this financial year, Ubisoft has said. So, that's before…

Ubi have confirmed that this will release sometime before the end of March 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X