No announcement yet.

E3 2018 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think Ubi had a good one there. Still way too much CGI and not enough game footage. Loved the Starfox moment/tie-in with their new game.

AC:Odyssey just seems like a re-skinned AC:Origins. The Division 2 obviously looks very similar, although the new locale is great. Loving some of the gameplay footage on at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Skull and Bones doesn't appeal it at all to me, but it's insanely beyond Sea of Thieves
      It's quite a different game isn't it? More like an Action Strategy game.
      You control a boat, not a pirate.

No boarding, no combat, no islands to explore.

Ubi's show was really great, thoroughly enjoyed it.

BG&E2 stole the show for me, it looked amazing and they've joined it back into the last game proper.

Comment

PC Gaming Show up next at 11PM

Comment

Yep, then Sony @ 2:00am (so 3 hrs away) and Ninty @ 5:00pm tomorrow.

Thank christ. Getting bored of these now. Can't be bothered with the PC gaming one.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            PC Gaming Show up next at 11PM
            If you upgrade your kit to play the games at the start of the presentation, it would be out of date and unable to play ones announced at the end.

Comment

I've got a meeting at 9am tomorrow morning. Not sure if staying up for the Sony presser is a good idea.

Comment

Given these are all seemingly running for 90 minutes, that's 3.30am before bedtime. #YOLO

Comment

Jesus h Christ is this Sony presentation god damnit awful

TLOU and Spider-Man looked awesome
                  Last edited by BIG EDD; 12-06-2018, 03:44.

Comment

I better see a Ridge Racer game, Nintendo! And Metroid!

Comment

Last of Us 2, same but more violent. meh.
                      Ghost of tsushima, witcher 3 with a japanese twist but also very,very pretty. interested.
                      Nioh 2, would like to play.
                      Resident Evil 2 remake, definitely want to play.
                      Death Stranding a tech demo to show the graphics, my guess the baby is probably a clone that ages to adulthood when you die in some sort of weird darks soul way to progress after death, judging by the "time" comments. the environments reminded me alot of the recent aliens films.
                      Control looks great, always up for more remedy games.
                      Spiderman looks neat.

no bloodborne, no ace combat 7, no avengers, no FF7.

Overall i came out most hyped about a remake game (RE2) than the new offerings.

Comment

Must say that Spider-Man looks pretty damn good...

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          I better see a Ridge Racer game, Nintendo! And Metroid!
                          I'm expecting nothing. I will not be disappointed.

Comment

Sony sitting on their laurels. Glad I didn't stop up for that.

I can't get excited for Death Stranding because we've seen CGI before and you're showing us nothing.

Spider-man looks okay, looks like they might have dropped the QTEs.

Ghost of Tsushima was probably the stand out for me, but it was pretty weak pickings overall.

I give it 6 lack of the games people really wanted to see out of 10.

UbiSoft was much better I give that one 8 dance offs out of 10.

Unless Nintendo pull out a big one with their presser today, Microsoft have this one in the bag.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 12-06-2018, 05:20.

Comment

The VR reel was >50% games that are already out. Nothing AAA lined up. I guess the cheap PSVR deals on ATM are just stock clearance then. I am disappoint.

Comment

Another disappointing presentation in what is turning out to be a disappointing year for E3. As expected though, Sony easily steamrolled MS in terms of conference because - content. Sony's issue was the lack of anything new to show, the games are unquestionably there but we're still catching up with years of premature game announcements which makes for a dull show. MS had neither content or surprise by comparison. A slam dunk but with an empty release schedule for 2018, Nintendo will be rightly torn apart if they don't deliver a strong showing later today.

Comment

Working...
                                X