• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-- 16 Days to Go --

Dreams
    Formats:
    Playstation 4
    Media Molecules next release seems to finally be getting ready for gamers to mess around with as previews have started to appear out of the woodwork. The game is essentially an advanced version of LBP allowing you to create your own levels but with the intention being that you're less limited than the previous series was and the controls are more intuitive. Is this looking like a dream game to you?

Comment

Exciting news that Dreams is going to be VR from day one, whenever that is.
      I’ve been following Media Molecule’s Dreams with cautious optimism for three years now, not because I doubt the LittleBigPlanet developers’ ability to make a robust, accessible creation platform, but because I was worried the team wouldn’t realize the full potential of the app on PSVR. Creative platforms

There's chatter elsewhere about little the studios produced for a while and how long this is taking, but it could be the go-to game to show people how ace VR can be.

It's taken a while as it was announced ages ago, so I didn't think this was happening, but it turns out Dreams can come true, Look at me babe, I'm with you. You know you gotta have hope. You know you gotta be strong.

Comment

I found the crafting tools/'popit' in the LBPs really quite clunky, and the hours upon hours of tutorials from National Treasure Stephen Fry were saccharine beyond all measure and endurance. If they could dial back on the sugary sweetness (a standard media Molecule peev, for me) and make the interface work, I'd be quite interested in giving this a go.

Comment

I'm mostly mindful with Dreams because LBP received a lot of praise and there's no aspect of that series that I thought was particularly good. It wasn't a fun level maker and was a pretty weak platformer. Tearaway was lovely though and if anything suggested they're better when they focus on making a game than a tool. Dreams sounds so LBP-like that my concern is that it'll regress back again as User Generated is typically a by-name for Guff

Comment

-- 12 Days to Go --

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
            Formats:
            Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC
            The Lara origins reboot trilogy comes to a close with this latest release that is avoiding the platform exclusive launch set up that harmed Rise's sales and will arrive late this year to almost every current system. The expectation is for a familiar experience albeit one that's supposed to be the hardest of the three. Coming back for more?

Comment

-- 11 Days to Go --

Kingdom Hearts III
              Formats:
              Playstation 4
              Running later than a Northern Rail train, SquareEnix has taken an obscene amount of time to get around to the only real KH entry many ever cared to see get made and it looks likely now to release scarily close to being three generations late with only a stream of HD rereleases and lower key spin-offs that were made for a dizzyingly silly amount of formats keeping the wheels on this for the last two gens. We're finally getting there so, still in for KH3?

Comment

Bethesda are teasing something that is clearly Fallout related and the rumours seem to be pointing towards either Fallout 5 or more strongly towards Fallout 3: Remastered

Comment

If we get a Fallout 3 remastered, I really hope that means a Switch version (even if that one isn't remastered or barely so).

Edit: Nope, it's something called Fallout 76 and there is a trailer out!

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 30-05-2018, 14:04.

Comment

Hope they nail this, Fallout 4 was just... okay

Comment

Already speculation elsewhere that it's another MMO style project, effectively Fallout Online.

+Deactivate Excitement+

Comment

-- 10 Days to Go --

Splinter Cell
                        Formats:
                        Rumour persists that Ubisoft is set to reveal the return of Sam Fisher. The series has bounced around in styles for a while now and given Ubisofts obsession of late for open world checklist tickers it may be an indicator of the form the next entry will take too. Eager to see Sam back?

Comment

-- 09 Days to Go --

Resident Evil 2: REmake
                          Formats:
                          Capcoms remake of its popular second entry is said to be shuffling its way towards an unveiling soon with word being that it revives the over the shoulder style of RE4-6 and is quite the looker. After those mainline entries, excited to REvisit Racoon City?

Comment

After it finished work on “Batman: Arkham Knight,” Rocksteady Studios has long been rumored to be working on a top-secret project involving another DC Comics hero – be it either “Superman” or a full-on “Justice League” title. The company has been dead silent though, locking down on any leaks to the point no-one is sure […]

"After it finished work on “Batman: Arkham Knight,” Rocksteady Studios has long been rumored to be working on a top-secret project involving another DC Comics hero – be it either “Superman” or a full-on “Justice League” title.

The company has been dead silent though, locking down on any leaks to the point no-one is sure what to expect. However a new posting on 4chan (via ComicBookMovie) suggests they may finally be ready to debut the game at E3.

In fact, the rumor suggests the game will officially be announced this coming week when Game Informer unveils their July cover. The first gameplay footage will then debut next Sunday, during Microsoft’s E3 conference at 4pm US-EST. Gameplay footage will demonstrate the flying controls and the new combat system as Superman battles Brainiac drones.

Of course, back in November, a similar rumor went around and Game Informer executive editor Andrew Reiner dismissed it flat out. Asked again about the report today, he responded on Twitter with the more cryptic: “He needs a new cape.”"

EDIT: Superman arcade pic because I like it.

Comment

-- 06 Days to Go --

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
                              Formats:
                              After the attempt last gen to CoD the series, Namco is returning to the skies with a true sequel to the long running flight combat series. The PS4 version will include exclusive VR missions but the game has remained largely under wraps in the near three years since its announcement. Hoping to see more?

Comment

I was convinced to buy Ace Combat Thingy Horizons by this Angry Joe review, but never actually got around to playing it.
                                The addition of VR missions could be a proper thrill!

Comment

Working...
                                X