No announcement yet.

E3 2018 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no Fable IV then, or stuff like Perfect Dark. In fact, Rare-wise a complete lack of new game announcement barring the expansion for Sea of Thieves.

Feels weird having to now wait for Sony and Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      So no Fable IV then, or stuff like Perfect Dark. In fact, Rare-wise a complete lack of new game announcement barring the expansion for Sea of Thieves.

Feels weird having to now wait for Sony and Nintendo.
      You mean the true start of E3!

Comment

Blimey, the Bethesda conference was cringeworthingly bad.

Fallout 76 is entirely online = bad
        Sequel to the 2016 Doom = good
        "Comedy skits" = very bad
        Elder Scrolls VI teaser = good (please for the love of everything precious, don't make this only only)
        Elder Scrolls: Blades = I just don't care about a mobile elder scrolls and its microtransactions
        Rage 2 = meh
        Wolfenstein = okay
        VR Stuff = meh

Not quite as bad as the EA presser as there was game content, but perhaps less of funny stuff next time. I give it 5 fake laughter tracks out of 10.
        Last edited by MartyG; 11-06-2018, 08:35.

Comment

Bethesda 11/06/18 - 2.30am BST #BE3 Conference

I don't whether to put this in it's own thread of just stick it here, so Mods please feel free to advise.

Bethesda 11/06/18 - 2.30am BST #BE3 Conference - Ran for about 90mins again.

I was sad enough to get up for this. Really mostly because of the ESO mount and possible other goodies, rather than any inherent desire to see their games. From what I can remember in the order they showed:
          • Rage 2 - snide reference from Peter Hines about Walmart's leaking of this game (obviously really did get to him hehe). Looked good, more of the same and definite Borderlands vibes in places. No detail on whether it's more of the same of whether it'll be more RPG etc. It looked more of the same.
          • Elder Scrolls Legends being completely overhauled graphically and coming to consoles. Completely cross platform, so your progress on PC carries over to Xbox and so on.
          • Elder Scrolls Online getting 2 new DLC. These are normally announced on their websites, so real filler here. Over 11m players now. Personal note: spoilers in the 'celebratory' trailer shown. Annoying for those of us still working through anything not current expansion content. Idiots.
          • Doom Eternal teaser shown, more to be shown at Quakecon in August.
          • Quake Champions going free to play for the week - keep the ability to play even after this free week. New trailer for it looked awful. Quake Overwatch. Not a good showing.
          • Wolfenstein 2 coming to Switch and DLC incoming.
          • Prey - DLC and free stuff being released now.
          • Some new VR content for Prey and Wolfenstein. Unfortunately not the main games but 'new' VR specific content. No confirmation of whether PSVR, PC or both.
          • Fallout 76 - lots shown. November '18 release date confirmed. Todd Howard said that it will have single player quests but will come alive with friends (can't remember the exact words) but based on what we saw it does sound like most MMO's/online PVE games, in that there will be content for solo players but the majority of the end game is group based. Clearly saw some PVP. Lack of detail on business model and what you get. Collector's version shown. Started with the same trailer from the MS conf. Was so annoying, they didn't bother with this trailer again. Everyone had seen it.
          • Fallout Shelter now out on PS4 and Switch. F2p. Woops, hadn't realised it was already on Xbox.
          • Elder Scroll Blades - mobile first but then multi platform cand coming to PC, VR etc.
          • Starfield teaser shown
          • The Elder Scrolls 6 teaser (if you can call it that) shown

I will say this was probably the best presentation so far of the 3, although far from perfect. Publishers tend to be more focused in what they show. Obviously mostly Bethesda, Zenimax and their studio's staff in the auditorium. Lots of fake whoops and claps. Felt like a business conference in this sense. The presentation and format worked reasonably well though. There was less talking to shareholders like EA, and much more relevant content than Microsoft.

It had lots of announcements, minor and small, across all of its brands and the mainstay was seeing quite a bit of Fallout 76. It also had big ticket announcements which will get coverage (Doom Eternal (2), Starfield and a biggie....The Elder Scrolls VI). But these were teasers. TES6 might as well just been a shot of a hill. And I sense will be games we see at the next few years of E3, i.e. apart from Doom - they might not be coming soon.

That's it I think, I bolded the biggies I think above.
          Last edited by Digfox; 11-06-2018, 14:54.

Comment

I'm expecting Elder Scrolls VI will get a 2020 release so they can pull a Skyrim by launching it, selling millions then shifting it for years on next gen machines with a double dip special edition

Comment

Starfield will be a GTA5 like release, old-gen and next-gen together and ES6 won't be seen til 2022 at the earliest.

Looking forward to Doom2, and rage2 after the gameplay trailers, seems like alot of fun abilities to use. As for F76, im interested in trying it out at least.

Prey, i just stuck the disc back in the ps4 to see what the patch does, it is my best 2017 game played in 2018 and it's really a solid Deus Ex/System Shock like game and not that casual rubbish like bioshock. I certainly recommend people try it out as it really cheap to get nowadays.

Comment

If they make Outrun 2 backwards compatible, then I will buy an XBOX One.

Comment

Square Enix was a non-event. No Avengers, and no FFVII Remake. New Platinum IP. Once again CGI trailers for stuff we've already seen. So essentially just a showreel. Should of withheld KH3 to today.

Please Ubisoft be better and actually show some Division - even if it isn't perfect.
                  Last edited by Digfox; 11-06-2018, 17:39.

Comment

Well that was short from SquareEnix - they could have just given us a list of YouTube video links.

I'm quite interested in Octopath Traveler on the Switch, but I feel like I've just sat through the trailers before the main feature.

Where was the Final Fantasy VII remake? Or the Avengers game?

Maybe they're being saved up for the Sony conference.

I give it 5 silent crowds out of 10 because there were at least some interesting games shown.

Comment

Just settling down to catch up. First up:

DEVOLVER, who put on a good show I've read:

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        Well that was short from SquareEnix - they could have just given us a list of YouTube video links.

I'm quite interested in Octopath Traveler on the Switch, but I feel like I've just sat through the trailers before the main feature.

Where was the Final Fantasy VII remake? Or the Avengers game?

Maybe they're being saved up for the Sony conference.

I give it 5 silent crowds out of 10 because there were at least some interesting games shown.
                        The lack of any substance of the ff7 remake is an utter joke. They will be trotting it out for the PS5 launch at his rate, then promptly delayed again.

Comment

Skull and Bones doesn't appeal it at all to me, but it's insanely beyond Sea of Thieves

Comment

Has anyone here ever been to an e3?

Comment

Ubisoft rolls out Star Fox and Miyamoto to slap the other presentations

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                Skull and Bones doesn't appeal it at all to me, but it's insanely beyond Sea of Thieves
                                Yup, Sea of Thieves has been press ganged.

Comment

Working...
                                X