E3 2018 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, deffo interested in this.
    Details are pretty sparse though, aren't they?

EDIT: Looks like it's still a way off as they're still hiring staff. They've just advertised for "Combat Designer".
    It'll be at E3 in some form or another, but similar to Witcher 3, there'll be a one-hour off-stage presentation behind closed doors to invited members of the press.
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 22-05-2018, 11:37.

Comment

This is far and away my most anticipated game. I love cyberpunk. I love the Witcher 3. It's gonna be awesome! I hope, anyway. I've got a lot of faith in CDPR though.

Unfortunately I think we'll be waiting till at least Christmas 2019.

Comment

It's definitely got that air about it that it'll be a Playstation 5 game rather than on PS4

Comment

-- 18 Days to Go --

#

Spider-Man
          Formats:
          Playstation 4
          One of the closest Sony exclusives on the way, this new attempt at bringing Spidey to console gamers looks to very much be along the same lines as previous open world attempts but this time with the budget and support of the platform holder and its resources behind it which has given this the sheen to draw eyes. Has it spiked your spider-sense?

Comment

Yeah, deffo! This looks great so far!

Best Spidey game since the Mega Drive one, which I love playing with my son:

Comment

Cyberpunk 2077.

I really need gaming to wow me at the moment. There hasn’t been a game for years and years that comes along and just smashes you in the face and goes

Here I am! I’ve never been done before and I’m glorious! Love me!.

Or something along those lines, you know what I mean.

Comment

Deffo in for this. The MD game was great but the PlayStation one was even better - since then there's been a dearth of decent Spidey action. This looks like a really strong game so far - blue skies aesthetic and popcorn gameplay, which I think is just right for the property.

Comment

Yeah, I think it will be special and sell a lot of
                  PS4s this Christmas.

Comment

--17 Days to Go --

Earth Defence Force: Iron Rain
                    Formats:
                    Playstation 4
                    EDF once again looks towards spin-off territory to try and broaden its western audience appeal with this new entry that follows on quickly from EDF5 and slaps on a solid dose of visual boost to the series. Broadly the action seems to be a bit more toned down in wackiness but mostly the same as fans have come to expect. Big hopes for the EDF?

Comment

Sorry, I thought I heard you calling my name.

Initially, I shunned the EDF series. I'm big into co-op and 2017 (360) was splitscreen only.
                      Thankfully, [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION] convinced me to get it and I loved it, even playing solo.
                      I loved all the different tactics to doing the levels (especially on Inferno difficulty).

Insect Armageddon wasn't true EDF, but still was a fun game. It was the first time I played online with some forum peeps and we had some good times.

EDF 2025 was amazing though. It took all the action of 2017 and added the online co-op of Armageddon to make an amazing B-Movie experience. I was playing it with UK people, then staying up late when the Americans came on, then daydreaming about it and looking for tactics in the day.

I tinkered with 4.1 and it's a lovely polishing of 2017 with a few extra levels, vehicles and weapons. The speech wheel was really useful too. Personally, I think the co-op elements should have been boosted a little bit more.
                      If you can arrange to have a Fencer on your team with a big missile as one of his weapons and an Air Raider with a laser-guidance gun AND guide a missile to a target without getting killed should've been rewarded with a bigger explosion.

That's a minor quibble, though.

So, we're up to the new games. EDF5 seems to be dragging its heels and I'm losing enthusiasm.
                      Iron Rain seems to be taking a different, more moody approach, which could work as long as the action is frenetic enough.

The joy of EDF is fighting against the overwhelming odds using tactics, superior firepower and teamwork.

I expect we'll see more of this at the TGS, rather than E3.

Comment

Dare I say it, if Iron Rain released before EDF5... I wouldn't mind

Comment

I think it would have a feeling of Insect Armageddon though, where it's similar, but not really the same.
                          It's the core series that delivers the thrills, but I'm willing to check this out, at least.

Comment

Microsofts E3 conference will be 2 hours long

Comment

PS4 only boils my buttercup syrup. It’s just not on.

Comment

At E3 Ubisoft will have new game announcements but also be showcasing:

-The Division 2
                                -Beyond Good and Evil 2
                                -For Honor
                                -Starlink
                                -Skull and Bones
                                -Transference

Possible rumour that at E3 an announcement of Dying Light 2 will be made

Comment

Working...
                                X