No announcement yet.

E3 2018 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw a trail for Ghosts of Tsushima, apparently using in-game engine. Had never even heard of it before. I know it's not an Onimusha supernatural caper but anything in that kind of period/setting is my catnip. Looks absolutely incredible. Has just become my most anticipated E3 thing. Sucker Punch also do a pretty good job of not making their open worlds too big or too full of ****e and filler, so...positive vibes get.
    Last edited by Golgo; 17-05-2018, 10:15.

Comment

-- 23 Days to Go --

Death Stranding
      Formats:
      Playstation 4
      It's still pretty vague as to what Kojima is making with this game but for many it remains an anticipated title for the system since its first announcement two years ago. Has the game and Kojima kept you intrigued?

Comment

It's a pretty stupid name, but I'm curious what he'll come up with without the shackles/resources (delete as appropriate) of Konami.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          https://www.e3expo.com/

12 - 14 June 2018

Presentation Schedule:

EA - Saturday, June 9th at 7 PM
          Microsoft - Sunday, June 10th at 9 PM
          Ubisoft - Monday, June 11th at 9 PM
          Bethesda - Monday, June 11th at 2:30 AM
          SquareEnix - Monday, June 11th at 6:00 PM
          Sony - Tuesday, June 12th at 2:00 AM
          Nintendo - Tuesday, June 12th at 5 PM

E3 2018 looms on the horizon with the floor plan starting to settle in to place and more games being increasingly pre-emptively revealed with fuller showcases to happen at or around the show. This year's show is one of those special creatures, a year without a new hardware reveal or fan-speculation surrounding new machines. The advent of Virtual Reality has been successful but muted so is unlikely to dominate proceedings this year either leading the entire focus for every company to be where it is best: The Games

We already know that we're likely to see some more of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, The Division 2, The Crew 2, Days Gone, The Last of Us Part II, Shenmue III, Battlefield V, Super Smash Bros 5, Crackdown 5, Death Stranding, Metro: Exodus, Anthem, Ghosts of Tsushima, Final Fantasy VIIR: Chapter One, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and Forza Horizon 4. However, we should see some new announcements as Microsoft and Sony lay out their software plans to take the XBO and PS4 through their closing swansong years.

Here's the annual hub-thread for general E3 discussion. In the meantime, share your thoughts on what you expect to see at this years show as well as what you hope to see too.
          Cheers again as every year for your list of times SupermanFalls

I’m hoping to see more of make an appearance:

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Bayonetta 3

DMC5

Dino Crisis Remake (May not happen)

Ace Combat VR more showing please

Last of Us 2 More of same please

Death Stranding more weirdness please

MKXI
          Last edited by JU!; 20-05-2018, 06:48.

Comment

Dino Crisis Remake (May not happen).... had better happen!!! Been hoping for this for years and years.

Comment

Powerstone 3 please! Make it happen Capcom!

Comment

No ActiBlizzard this year? Curious.

Comment

-- 20 Days to Go --

Shenmue III
                  Formats:
                  Playstation 4 and PC
                  Ironically timed given it's already being discussed in the dedicated thread. Today's game is the third entry in the insanely belated series where Ryo searches for his fathers killer and sailors.

Comment

Shenmue III?
                    More like Shenpooey Wee!
                    AmIright? Guys? Guys?

Guys?
                    Last edited by QualityChimp; 21-05-2018, 14:32.

Comment

It should have been left as a wishlist item. It's either going to be perpetually delayed or released in a form that no one is going to happy with.

Glad I didn't chuck any money at it.

Comment

Set expectations to 'fan service only'. I've paid for it, I'm glad it's coming, and I'm looking forward to it, but realistically this is a follow up purely for fans who want to see the next part of the story and who will be happy with what generally be a pretty archaic game. I don't agree with those who say its only appeal was its then advanced technology - there's a distinctive atmosphere and ambience to the game which is a crucial part of its appeal for me. Let's hope they can carry that aspect over to the new game.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Set expectations to 'fan service only'.
                          But given that Suzuki says that 3 won't be the end, I'm not so sure it is. I mean we're talking so long between 2 and 3 that I know people who loved 2 who have died in the interim! What will it be, 20 years? That's like 4.6 yonks.

If it was about the fans, he would bring it to a close.

Comment

Murder Ryos on attack son
                            Yo he don't know how to act son
                            Kickin' bitches in the back son
                            Sellin' mother****as crack son

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              But given that Suzuki says that 3 won't be the end, I'm not so sure it is. I mean we're talking so long between 2 and 3 that I know people who loved 2 who have died in the interim! What will it be, 20 years? That's like 4.6 yonks.

If it was about the fans, he would bring it to a close.
                              In Suzuki's mind, this is a game that will inspire the world.

But in reality, it's just gonna be one for the fans.

Comment

-- 19 Days to Go --

Cyberpunk 2077
                                Formats:
                                Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC
                                Based on the table top game, the next project from CD Projekt Red is highly anticipated after their success from Witcher 3 and see's them turn their sights to future settings. Using first or third person views it's another RPG action tale with a very Blade Runner air about it. High on your list?

Comment

Working...
                                X