No announcement yet.

E3 2018 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier this year, gaming giant Ubisoft did the beta on an artificial intelligence known as Sam to help gaming fans when needed. Only available in Canada at the moment, one fan recently asked it where a potential third game in the “Watch Dogs” franchise was. This prompted the response: “Watch Dogs 3 is not finished […]

Speculation continues to grow that Watch Dogs 3 is soon to be announced

-- 53 Days to Go --

Wave Race 4
    Format: Ni
    ntendo Switch
    It's been years since Wave Race last took to the waters with the Gamecube entry Blue Storm. That title played a little looser than the popular N64 entry and felt more racing orientated but was a likeable launch title for the purple box. Yesterday a tweet hinted at the possibility of the series once again returning to store shelves as one of several games Nintendo is secretly working away on the fill out the NS release schedule.

What form would you like to see Wave Race 4 take?

Comment

Wave Race will be a Labo mini game with the JoyCon being used on the motorbike handlebars piece that is in the trailer.

Comment

I'd like to see them go completely overboard with the water physics and base the game completely around it as in the n64 one. Gamecube version didn't hold up in that regard.

Comment

I can far too easily imagine it as being a low budget effort, Labo like teddy says. Wave Race 64 with more flair would be great, it could easily be delivered in a similar way as ARMS.

Comment

These niche sports titles can't really transfer across as individual fully fleshed-out titles these days.

They should get someone like Monster or RedBull to back an extreme sports game which has everything from PilotWings-style squirrel suit flying to Motocross (Excitebike) and Jet Skis. Include the characters from WaveRace, 1080, and PilotWings 64. Just don't put it on Wuhu Island.

The problem with water-based track design is that it's very two-dimensional. I doubt they'd be able to give the same amount of tracks/content as in MK8 without huge amounts of repetition.

An open-world Burnout Paradise affair would be great. Imagine sky-diving over the ski resorts which you were snowboarding down eariler, and such.
            Last edited by dataDave; 18-04-2018, 15:22.

Comment

Well now I just want to play the game you described Dave. But it doesn't exist.

:/

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                The problem with water-based track design is that it's very two-dimensional. I doubt they'd be able to give the same amount of tracks/content as in MK8 without huge amounts of repetition.
                I'm not so sure about that. I get what you mean, but with a bit of creativity you could find ways to overcome that. Even in Waverace 64, there were tracks where the tide changed, altering the water level between laps. Given, you can'd do MK8's rollercoaster roads but I'm not sure you would need to.

Like imagine tackling stuff like this:

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

:/
                  If anyone can make it it's Nintendo. They just need to throw Pilot Wings 64, 1080 and Waverace in blender with Breath of the Wild and there we have it. Make it online too so we can actually see and maybe interact with the other players partaking in different pursuits across the landscape. Imagine sky-diving over someone's downhill MTB attempt.

Comment

Definitely veering towards 64 as I really didn’t enjoy the GameCube waverace . I’d be pretty happy with a new pilotwings too

Comment

Even without taking it to via the open design, multi-discipline approach it could learn from MK8. The idea of an exaggerated physics version with full sized waves you race through, crashing down multi-tiered water falls, zipping through funnelled high speed water straights and tunnels and being bounced through the air by water jets would be great and very ARMS-era Nintendo. It'd effectively be a reinvention of the series but one it could pull off. I'd be up for that more than a new F-Zero where the development options seem more limited springing off GX.

Comment

Last update until into next week:

--52 Days to Go--

Red Dead Redemption 2
                        Formats:
                        Playstation 4, Xbox One and a cynical amount of time later no doubt PC
                        Now just over six months away from its 'next' release date, Rockstars first game of the generation is finally making its belated way to market. It'll no doubt change but it still feels like hype is very muted for the follow up to the wild west last gen hit. Players look to be taking on several roles in this prequel adventure that massively expands on the world map of the first game, taking us back to the frontier.

Suitably hyped for Rockstarts true current gen debut?

Comment

Definitely hyped for RDR2 - I STILL do not own a PS4 and this will surely be the title that finally forces me to purchase one.

Pretty much my all-time favourite Rockstar Games franchise by far. I just hope that the wait is worth it!

Comment

Yes, hyped for this but hoping those micro-transactions hasn't made them greedy. The idea of a battle royale mode is enticing too - something I might actually want to be good at.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I'm not so sure about that. I get what you mean, but with a bit of creativity you could find ways to overcome that. Even in Waverace 64, there were tracks where the tide changed, altering the water level between laps. Given, you can'd do MK8's rollercoaster roads but I'm not sure you would need to.

Like imagine tackling stuff like this:

Imagine no more, my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                They should get someone like Monster or RedBull to back an extreme sports game which has everything from PilotWings-style squirrel suit flying to Motocross (Excitebike) and Jet Skis.

An open-world Burnout Paradise affair would be great. Imagine sky-diving over the ski resorts which you were snowboarding down eariler, and such.
                                Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                I'm sure dataDave's idea existed in the 32-Bit era of consoles.

I've done a search for "32DD sports" and nothing came up.
                                Well, I say "nothing", but something came up...

Comment

Working...
                                X