Presentation Schedule: Red Occured

EA - Saturday, June 9th at 7 PM
    Microsoft - Sunday, June 10th at 9 PM

Ubisoft - Monday, June 11th at 9 PM
    Bethesda - Monday, June 11th at 2:30 AM
    SquareEnix - Monday, June 11th at 6:00 PM
    Sony - Tuesday, June 12th at 2:00 AM
    Nintendo - Tuesday, June 12th at 5 PM

E3 2018 looms on the horizon with the floor plan starting to settle in to place and more games being increasingly pre-emptively revealed with fuller showcases to happen at or around the show. This year's show is one of those special creatures, a year without a new hardware reveal or fan-speculation surrounding new machines. The advent of Virtual Reality has been successful but muted so is unlikely to dominate proceedings this year either leading the entire focus for every company to be where it is best: The Games

We already know that we're likely to see some more of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, The Division 2, The Crew 2, Days Gone, The Last of Us Part II, Shenmue III, Battlefield V, Super Smash Bros 5, Crackdown 5, Death Stranding, Metro: Exodus, Anthem, Ghosts of Tsushima, Final Fantasy VIIR: Chapter One, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and Forza Horizon 4. However, we should see some new announcements as Microsoft and Sony lay out their software plans to take the XBO and PS4 through their closing swansong years.

Here's the annual hub-thread for general E3 discussion. In the meantime, share your thoughts on what you expect to see at this years show as well as what you hope to see too.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-06-2018, 08:21.

If I think about it I'm expecting:

Nintendo
    -Pokémon Switch Reveal
    -Super Smash Bros 5 Reveal
    -Bayonetta Reveal
    -Metroid Prime 4 footage trailer
    -Some smaller project stuff like Yoshi, Fire Emblem
    -Possibly, possibly Animal Crossing

Sony
    -Spider-Man showcase
    -Days Gone footage
    -Death Stranding gameplay showcase
    -Shenmue III
    -Kingdom Hearts III
    -Spyro Remastered reveal
    -The Last of Us Part II gameplay
    -Ghosts of Tsushima gameplay
    -More info on Dream, possibly a release date
    -Possible follow up to Last Guardian confirmed that won't make it out for ages
    -A new Ratchet and Clank revealed
    -Possibly Until Dawn 2

Microsoft
    -That new 343 project that isn't Halo 6
    -Forza Horizon 4
    -First mention of Gears of War 5
    -Crackdown 3 showcase
    -A possible new title from Rare
    -Possible Fable IV reveal

Comment

We know Ubisoft is planning The Division 2 but a second AAA project had also been mentioned in previous reports, could this be it:

Amazon Canada just posted a listing for Splinter Cell 2018

Comment

Microsoft has announced its plans for E3 2018 - and it's doing things a little differently this year.In previous years,…

MS confirms it's attendance but this time at its own locale

Comment

For this years show, personally, I'm hoping against hope that we'll finally get some sort of movement on Bioshock 4

Comment

Nintendo's newly-confirmed Super Smash Bros. for Switch will be playable at E3 in June. That's just three months away!A…

Super Smash Bros 5 will be playable at E3

Comment

Today, Nintendo announced two tournaments for E3 2018. The Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 and Splatoon 2 World Championship 2018 will both be taking place during the expo. With these tournaments having been made known, Nintendo has now opened its official E3 2018 website. You can access it here. E3 2018 runs between June 12 and June 14. Expect Nintendo’s...

Nintendo's E3 2018 site is now live

Comment

In two days we're going to try and do what we only do for new console launches... Countdown Mode

Comment

I'm hoping for an announcement regarding the second title that Naughty Dog are working on and for it to be something different to their usual 3rd person, cinematic stuff. Just so they can prove they are adept at other genres. An FPS maybe.

Comment

It's a funny number of days left until E3 in order to start this but it also works out quite nicely form today in terms of content and days I can post a daily title for us to discuss as we count down to E3 2018. Each day a different game will be showcased for discussion, mixing announced titles with those that have merely been rumoured as we approach a very software focused show this year.

--67 Days to Go--

Devil May Cry 5
                    Formats:
                    Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC
                    Rumoured for quite a while now and seemingly teased by actors and series staffers, the speculation circles the idea that Capcom is set to imminently announce a new title in its long running DMC series that will abandon the most recent attempt to reboot the franchise and will instead follow up on the recently released HD Collection by giving players a new direct sequel to the original canon.

Should Capcom announce DMC5, what would you want to see from the new game and would you still be interested in the game after all these years?

Comment

Lots of love for the idea of Devil May Cry getting a revival!

-- 66 Days to Go --

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
                      Formats:
                      Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC
                      For years now the CoD franchise has been broadly considered to be still popular but in a slow circle of decline, a trend at first shaken a little by Advanced Warfare's positive campaign response but then recognised more by the brakes being applied by last years WWII. This year Treyarch are also looking backwards in order to counter some criticism their last game attracted, hoping that removing the free running elements to return to a BO2 style of play will work out well for them and no doubt hoping to improve on the SP criticisms coming off the worst campaign the series has seen.

Are you looking forward to seeing more of Black Ops 4 or are you past the point of caring about anything Call of Duty delivers from here?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Lots of love for the idea of Devil May Cry getting a revival!
                        Sometimes, when I'm playing a Devil May Cry game, I have to ask myself if I'm actually having fun.

Comment

In the end I think I enjoyed the reboot more than the original four games to play though either raises a question with me as to how much time I have for them post-Bayonetta

Comment

Everybody hates CoD too!

-- 65 Days to Go --

Gears of War 5
                            Formats:
                            Xbox One and PC
                            This one is reaching to an extent but it'll be two years this year since Coalition launched its first entry into the Gears franchise meaning that an initial announcement of GOW5 in advance of a late 2019 release isn't out of the question. The fourth game very much continued on from the template of the original three games, jumping things along the timeline. It can therefore be assumed that the eventual next entry will also largely follow the same style of play the series has been known for.

Do you still have interest in following the Gears universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Do you still have interest in following the Gears universe?
                              Not really.

Comment

Working...
                              X