No announcement yet.

Best option for MAME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One frame isn't all that bad, to be honest. I'd be more worried about the one or two frames being dished out by the TV.

I like it how I'm turning every thread into an input latency discussion.

Comment

Holy ****. The difference is immediately noticeable.

I hope the Pi can pull this off!!

Third Strike feels responsive AF.
      Last edited by dataDave; 19-04-2018, 19:13.

Comment

Hmm, it appears it requires the ability to emulate the game in question three times over, perfectly, in order to work so that looks like the pi is out and the ps3 might but this appears mainly to be for PCs.

I wonder if the Shield TV with its extra grunt could pull it off?

The tech behind the approach is quite interesting, it’s like those old slow mo buttons that paused and un paused a game but working the other way round now to create the illusion of seamlessness. Neat!

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
          Hmm, it appears it requires the ability to emulate the game in question three times over, perfectly, in order to work so that looks like the pi is out and the ps3 might but this appears mainly to be for PCs.

I wonder if the Shield TV with its extra grunt could pull it off?

The tech behind the approach is quite interesting, it’s like those old slow mo buttons that paused and un paused a game but working the other way round now to create the illusion of seamlessness. Neat!
          My n3DS is doing a good job so far. Tested CPS-1, PCE and Mega Drive. Kind of afraid to test the SNES, but then again that's one of the reasons why I have a real one here.

Neo next, just waiting for the frames in order to confirm the video refresh.

EDIT: CPS2 and Neo stuff works perfectly. No audio skips or anything. The only problem is this poor joystick and even worse d-pad. At least this is a good sign for the Pi.

Is anyone here running RetroArch on their Pi? Fancy updating to this nightly?
          Last edited by dataDave; 19-04-2018, 22:15.

Comment

...and just like that, after R-Type Leo failed to load all my other cores have stopped working. This is just a nightly afterall. I'll see if deleting the config file reverts. Onwards and upwards!
            Last edited by dataDave; 20-04-2018, 06:33.

Comment

Anyone tried Forgotten Worlds on the PC? it's CoinOps for the PC and made by the team that did the Xbox version. I'm currently downloading it now. It's 13.8GB download for the front end and emulators. I'll update later once I've got it running.

Comment

First time hearing of it, impressions please.

Comment

[MENTION=7878]replicashooter[/MENTION]

They do classic controller adapters, too. Which will host anything that plugs into a Wiimote.

These offer the highest polling over USB at 1000 Hz (standard USB controllers at roughly 125 Hz), offering just 2ms of latency (most real consoles = 16ms). Pricey, but effective.

I'm going to grab both the SNES and Classic Controller 2-player USB adapters with the money I'm saving from skipping the Pi and RetroTink.

One thing I keep forgetting is that Brunnis dude is likely testing his Pi at 1080p, whereas with an RGB solution it's only going to be pumping out 240p - surely that's got to relieve a lot of strain on the CPU? That would also explain why the n3DS is romper-stomping SNES9X and the crazier CPS-2 stuff like Mars Matrix and ProGear with this new latency fix tweak at 833mhz cpu clock (as opposed to the 1.4ghz on the B+). I'd be more than happy at something like this feeding into my BVM, as to my eyes and hands it's as good as perfect.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 20-04-2018, 14:10.

Comment

I’ll fire up mame later, on this new addition to the family. Just picked up today!

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

What would the best way of getting 1.7.2 retro arch working on a crt, when it’s available?

Could I use the latest retro arch image with my pi, and use the scart cable?
                      Last edited by redstar_dan; 20-04-2018, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
                        What would the best way of getting 1.7.2 retro arch working on a crt, when it’s available?
                        For what purpose? Wouldn't Groovymame be a better option?
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

1.7.2 would have the speed hack implemented?

Comment

There is an update version option on the RGB-pi.

Wonder f the guy will implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              I’ll fire up mame later, on this new addition to the family. Just picked up today!

https://ibb.co/j2ju1n
                              Class!

did you pick that up locally? I have been keeping an eye out with no joy!

Comment

Yes. Just go to their nightlies page and grab the Pi version.

My advice is to use the nightly builds for testing and wait for the stable release before you get serious. The n3DS is absolutely killing it, but I think I may be getting some sound issues. Not had the chance to sit down with it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X