No announcement yet.

Best option for MAME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to snag a PVM 2053 md medical monitor from an ex doctor who used it for working from home!

160 round mile trip, but well worth it - lower line count (600) but it has the deepest black level I have seen and boy, these MD monitors have eye popping contrast. Gave it a good soak test last night, and was well pleased with it.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

Finally managed to get night slashers to work! It’s through advancemame, a REV rom, using the 2nd USB port on the pi. Still figuring out how to reset the game to the game list menu (having to currently do a hard reset). ADVmame is a funny beast...

Great game though - it’s amazing how much cracking arcade stuff was never ported to consoles....guess game companies just didn’t want to make money.....

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
        Finally managed to get night slashers to work! It’s through advancemame, a REV rom, using the 2nd USB port on the pi. Still figuring out how to reset the game to the game list menu (having to currently do a hard reset). ADVmame is a funny beast...

Great game though - it’s amazing how much cracking arcade stuff was never ported to consoles....guess game companies just didn’t want to make money.....
        Good work! I’ll give it a try later (could be in touch for the ROM).

Lack of conversions is one of the main reasons I wanted to get a MAME/ FBA set up there is some amazing stuff that never got converted!

By the way I recently updated the RGB-Pi firmware to the “final” version and it seems to be far more compatible with FBA and MAME ROMs.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
          Good work! I’ll give it a try later (could be in touch for the ROM).

Lack of conversions is one of the main reasons I wanted to get a MAME/ FBA set up there is some amazing stuff that never got converted!

By the way I recently updated the RGB-Pi firmware to the “final” version and it seems to be far more compatible with FBA and MAME ROMs.
          nice - was the update done from the Pi?

Comment

No new SD card, all my ROMS were on a USB anyway.

Comment

Spent 6 days pissing about with Groovy Mame and Linux; finally got the results I desired though http://bordersdown.net/threads/12563...00#post2274900
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

No new SD card, all my ROMS were on a USB anyway.
                Regarding usb, how do you get the pi to read the usb stick?

Comment

Regarding usb, how do you get the pi to read the usb stick?
                  Pop it into the USB port and then go into Config under the RGB Pi option, select mount folders and it will automatically copy over the folders you need, they match the standard set up on the card.

The only ball ache is you have to mount the the folders after you boot every time to load the ROMS.

Comment

Pop it into the USB port and then go into Config under the RGB Pi option, select mount folders and it will automatically copy over the folders you need, they match the standard set up on the card.

The only ball ache is you have to mount the the folders after you boot every time to load the ROMS.
                    Did you try advmame mate? It seems to run fantastically, but you cant exit a game! I have tried every button comb and hotkey and still no joy....

Comment

Did you try advmame mate? It seems to run fantastically, but you cant exit a game! I have tried every button comb and hotkey and still no joy....
                      I haven't had the chance, do I need a new set of ROMs?

Edit: Scrap that. I have moved my standard Night Slasher ROMS from MAME to the ADVANCEMAME folder and it works perfectly!!!!

I can even exit the game without a problem, not sure if it is the new version of Recalbox that sorted that?

What I do know is that my CPS 2 games don't work (they are from an old ROM set) going to need to replace them.
                      Last edited by dyer60; 02-06-2018, 17:29.

Comment

Dont do this! The lastest FW allows for an update that doesn’t seem to me made for th RGB-pi. I ended up having to restart

Cracking new FW though....fantastic mame/advmame support
                        Last edited by dvdx2; 19-07-2018, 12:17.

Comment

Hi mate,
                          I assume Advance MAME uses the old 0.106 romset? Weirdly the new RGB-Pi has sample issues with certain Midway games on MAME 2003 - peculiar. Doesn't matter I'll switch back to AdvanceMAME

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                            Hi mate,
                            I assume Advance MAME uses the old 0.106 romset? Weirdly the new RGB-Pi has sample issues with certain Midway games on MAME 2003 - peculiar. Doesn't matter I'll switch back to AdvanceMAME
                            Do you know the button combo to get into the menu in advmame, mate?

Comment

Do you know the button combo to get into the menu in advmame, mate?
                              It's not a core in the same sense as the others as I don't believe RA supports AdvanceMame, unless that's changed. I assume tab should work, but it doesn't. So I'm a little stumped. I only use it for a handful of games. On my homemade Pi you just tab in. Have you tried a keyboard as P1? As if you plug it in along side the first pad/stick I'm not sure if the mappings change.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                                It's not a core in the same sense as the others as I don't believe RA supports AdvanceMame, unless that's changed. I assume tab should work, but it doesn't. So I'm a little stumped. I only use it for a handful of games. On my homemade Pi you just tab in. Have you tried a keyboard as P1? As if you plug it in along side the first pad/stick I'm not sure if the mappings change.
                                Cool - never thought about a keyboard. Advmame seems to be exhibiting a mild softening filter over the games, which I want to get rid off.

Must say, compatibility has gone through the roof with the lastest FW! Some cracking stuff now running I have never played.

Comment

Working...
                                X