User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    I assume the GPIO scart would just work for connectivity, using a nightly/stable build? Without using the custom rgb-pi image.

I'm not sure how to go about the various RGB solutions and their custom images. I'm looking primarily at RetroTink and yes, you can output using anything as long as you fix the config. You don't have to use his images. I've not researched the others.

I just tried the latest nightly on the Wii. It's terrible. It doesn't have anywhere near enough power. Sonic 1 was about the only game that worked fine. There's really a big difference when you go back to having it switched off, for me at least.

Not yet. I'm still on the fence about spending money on emulation.

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Barker BK Wii Code: 3DS: 5000-2698-8757
    Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    Yes. Just go to their nightlies page and grab the Pi version.

My advice is to use the nightly builds for testing and wait for the stable release before you get serious. The n3DS is absolutely killing it, but I think I may be getting some sound issues. Not had the chance to sit down with it yet.
    When you say the n3DS is killing it, in what sense? I've been running retroarch on both of my new 3DS' I put cfw on and it's generally pretty good, but nowhere need outstanding.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    When you say the n3DS is killing it, in what sense? I've been running retroarch on both of my new 3DS' I put cfw on and it's generally pretty good, but nowhere need outstanding.
    As in it's really good.

However, I'm noticing some funny artifacts when playing, like some kind of frame skip when the action gets going. Final Fight brings in some funny game glitches too.

As a further test I tried Sonic 2 and bounced between some springs. There's this weird jolt as you bounce back off of the spring, like some kind of screen tear or frame skip - and there seems to be some weird ground clipping when you jump around. I disabled the setting and things went back to normal.

(PC) I just discovered AntiMicro, which reduces controller latency by increasing the polling. I just set my Switch Pro controller to 1ms and it made an immediate difference. Disabling desktop composition in Win7 system settings also makes an improvement.

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Barker BK Wii Code: 3DS: 5000-2698-8757
    I've been running emulation in both my new 3DS' for a while and I'd say I'd say it's fairly decent, yeah. I thought you were saying it was superior to a Pi, for example. It struggles with the SuperFx games unsurprisingly.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Hey guys, what’s the correct folder structure for roms on a usb? I can’t get it to find them. Ta

I’ve tried ‘console name’ folders on the root of usb, (no idea the correct folder naming for said console) and I’ve tried roms/‘console name’ folders, to no avail

I think i figured it out. Winning ...