No announcement yet.

Captain Toad coming to Switch - levels based on Mario Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 3ds day one and thought the 3d was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      I had a 3ds day one and thought the 3d was great!
      Hmmm. Depends on how you look at it, I guess.

The 3D tech on the OG 3DS models was undeniably crap.

I will concede that it was much improved on the New 3DS models, when Nintendo actually bothered to make some sort of effort with it.

Gimmick is still a gimmick though, and that's what the 3D on 3DS ultimately was - developers clearly weren't arsed by it in the end and neither were Nintendo.

Comment

I was a gimmick but a good one, I always used it, every game looked better for it and it remains cool that it worked so well without user glasses. The New 3DS improved it a lot practically speaking but I never bobbed my head around whilst playing on the OG units anyway so never had a huge amount of issue with that one either. I don't have much time for 3D but of that wave of tech and cinematic 3D the 3DS was king.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          developers clearly weren't arsed by it in the end and neither were Nintendo.
          We've had over seven years of 3D games.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            We've had over seven years of 3D games.
            And yet Nintendo decided to totally ditch the 3D element with no devs crying out for it to return so yeah, nobody making games for the platform is truly arsed about it not being a thing anymore.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-07-2018, 06:00.

Comment

It may have been a gimmick but I loved it. Peeking into these little 3D dioramas has been fantastic, so I'm sorry it's being phased out. Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus made fabulous use of it. Majora's Mask in 3D is magic.

Comment

Yep, I love it too. The 3D on some games is superb and just adds a lovely visual layer. It makes everything feel so solid, even with the low res of the 3DS. I think it’s a big shame that it has dropped off rather than being developed further.

Comment

I loved that ghost recon game at launch. Lovely stuff.

Comment

The Metroid 2 remake does 3D very well also.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't know about that because I can't buy a 3ds!

Comment

Get one from Amazon! They have lots from sellers on there.

Comment

One thing i did notice from the japanese ad is that the extra odyssey levels unlock if you use one of the 3 mario wedding amiibo, not sure if it's a way of quick unlocking and they will be available for non amibo owners, or they are locked behind them exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            One thing i did notice from the japanese ad is that the extra odyssey levels unlock if you use one of the 3 mario wedding amiibo, not sure if it's a way of quick unlocking and they will be available for non amibo owners, or they are locked behind them exclusively.
                            It's just a shortcut. The levels also unlock through normal play without the amibo. Got my 3DS copy today.

Comment

Can’t decide which version to get Leaning towards 3DS though.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                It's just a shortcut. The levels also unlock through normal play without the amibo. Got my 3DS copy today.
                                Looking forward to this. Only played a Wii U Demo in the past in a store and not owned a Wii U previous, so looking forward to this on Switch/3DS looks great fun. Portable should be brilliant some of the later levels looks difficult

Comment

Working...
                                X