Captain Toad coming to Switch - levels based on Mario Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Toad coming to Switch - levels based on Mario Odyssey

Buy Captain Toad™: Treasure Tracker and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

I hope this is priced sensibly at £30. Most likely £49.99 though..

Comment

The original Captain Toad was reasonably priced, just too samey. I'm not sure if I should get the Switch one or the 3DS one myself.

Comment

Out next Friday with new levels based on Mario Odyssey. 3DS version ordered, very much looking forward. I love those 3DS games that give you a perfect miniature 3D box-world to experience, like Luigi's Mansion, so I'm hoping this offers something similar...

Comment

Will have to wait a teeny bit longer as i went for jpn switch version this time as it was only £23 should be multilingual too if the demo is anything to go by. Also went for the 3DS version too as i want to see those great looking stages in glorious stereoscopic 3D.

Comment

I assume the 3DS port doesn’t contain the Odyssey or Cat Mario levels.... does it have anything instead or is it just the base game and that’s it?

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
              I assume the 3DS port doesn’t contain the Odyssey or Cat Mario levels.... does it have anything instead or is it just the base game and that’s it?
              It has the Odyssey levels.

Comment

Think they put the odyssey levels in to make up for the removal of the 3D world levels. From the trailer there is now a hide and seek element as you look for the pixel toad grafitti hidden on walls. No idea if that actually is a new thing or something from the base game.
                Last edited by importaku; 06-07-2018, 16:09.

Comment

The 8-bit Toad hide/seek metagame isn't new. It is in the Wii U original, unlockable with a Toad amiibo.

Pretty sure it is only possible after completing the main game but cannot recall as I haven't played Treasure Tracker in ages.

Comment

I think I've decided Nintendo can just sold off. They are producing literally nothing of interest, charging to play online without actually providing any sort of service, no save game backups which is a danger now I'm 30 hours into Skyrim, flogging old wiiu games that I already have because I bought a wiiu only to find out it was basically a switch beta device as they can it quicker than an og Xbox and their only device I would actually like to have - a 3ds - they've discontinued.

I'll wait for the switch hack to settle down and turn it into a handheld emulation device.

The heat is getting to me I think!

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] Won't a New 2DS XL suffice for you?

Comment

I want the 3D mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I want the 3D mate.
                          Lol. It really isn't all that, mate. Most 3DS games don't even use the bloody feature properly.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-07-2018, 19:53.

Comment

So let me get this straight, the only brand new console you can buy to play 3DS games.... is a New 2DS / XL

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                              So let me get this straight, the only brand new console you can buy to play 3DS games.... is a New 2DS / XL
                              The Nintendo Way.

But seriously, the 3D feature wasn't even a novelty. Style over substance.

Comment

Working...
                              X