Clear All

QC stop you're getting me really hyped for a game that doesn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      QC stop you're getting me really hyped for a game that doesn't exist
      Sorry mate.

Have some cinematics from games that do exist:

Comment

In a new interview, the president of From Software Hidetaka Miyazaki teased the existence of the long-rumored next installment in the 'Armored Core' series.

Hidetaka Miyazaki Teases The Existence Of A New 'Armored Core' Game

"In a new interview, the president of From Software Hidetaka Miyazaki teased the existence of the long-rumored next installment in the Armored Core series.

If you remember, Miyazaki previously explained that three new games are currently in development at From Software. My colleague Erik Kain wrote this up before E3 and the curveball we were given was the new VR title Déraciné, except there is a catch here.

Talking with Famitsu, Miyazaki had this to say about the new VR game:
        "In an earlier interview I mentioned three projects moving forward in our core development schedule, but Déraciné is not one of those projects. I just wanted to let some of our fans know that."

Now, that quote doesn’t explicitly mention Armored Core. However, the interviewer then asked if Miyazaki was talking about fans “whose bodies are seeking struggle”, an obtuse Armored Core reference, and he didn’t deny the connection.

That means that Déraciné is not the third game currently in development at From Software and that a new Armored Core game is the likely candidate here. If that is the case, From Software better get a move on. Former Armored Core producers have left the studio and started up their own mecha gaming projects. Such as Left Alive at Square Enix helmed by Toshifumi Nabeshima and the newly announced Daemon X Machinafor Marvelous produced by Kenichiro Tsukuda.

The last Armored Core game we had was Armored Core Verdict Day back in 2013 and we haven’t had many sizeable standalone mecha games since then.
        The longer From Software takes with this rumored new Armored Core game, it leaves an open opportunity for other companies to fill the void.

Whatever is happening at From Software, I would obviously love to see a new Armored Core game but the clock is ticking and competitors are already coming up with new games to challenge this long-running mecha game series.

Disclosure: I know members of the development team at From Software personally."

Mech pic from another game, but a bit of eye candy anyway.

Comment

FINALLY!

FromSoftware have announced they are releasing A Commemorative Soundtrack Box Set.
          Wait, what?
          This... this isn't the news I was hoping for.

Comment

Working...
          X