Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting a Super Slim PS3 on my TV

Hey all,

I'm considering mounting my super slim PS3 to the back of my TV. The TV is a Toshiba 50" LCD and it has the mounting holes for a wall mount.

The cabinet the TV sits on is a bit small and its stand is weird so I can't just place the PS3 behind it(standing or sitting).

I'll probably have to DIY something from wood/plastic/metal so I'm looking for some kind of cage as a starting point which I could just add holes to in the appropriate places.

As for weight, I think I'll be ok because the TV takes larger screws than the regular M10s(I think) for a vesa mount.

Has anyone done something like this?

Wall mounting is out because we're renting. Another option is to put the PS3 inside the cabinet but it's chock-full of whisky and stuff!

Drink the whisky to make room!
    There are various mount a PC to your TV options so I can’t see why mounting a PS3 wouldn’t be ok. Presumably the TV weighs more than the PS3 so it should cope.
    You could try to fashion a mount out of aluminium flat bar maybe? Strong and light so won’t add too much weight on top of the weight of the console.

Comment

I would be a bit concerned about heat.

Comment

I was wondering about heat so I left the TV on for a few hours and the heat is mostly near the PSU. I think the LED backlight helps keep it cool.
        [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION]: The TV is about 15kg I think. Good point about PCs. We have a few mounts at work but they're too small for even the super slim PS3. Maybe I could mod a PS3 wall-mount.

Maybe something like this would be good, especially as it looks quite adjustable:

Last edited by randombs; 14-03-2018, 12:31.

Comment

Buy a new TV cabinet.

Comment

I was rustling up a pithy reply but that's bloody good advice, actually

What we have now isn't even a TV cabinet. It's on wheels, though, which means we can rotate the TV to watch from the dining table. Also, it's quite tall so it makes the TV tower over us!

But consider this:

A 1m-wide telly atop a 60cm wide cabinet in the land of the rising earthquakes.

I'm gonna check out rotating TV stands as an option.
            Last edited by randombs; 15-03-2018, 03:20.

Comment

Decided to keep the wheeled cabinet for now.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                I was rustling up a pithy reply but that's bloody good advice, actually

What we have now isn't even a TV cabinet. It's on wheels, though, which means we can rotate the TV to watch from the dining table. Also, it's quite tall so it makes the TV tower over us!

But consider this:

A 1m-wide telly atop a 60cm wide cabinet in the land of the rising earthquakes.

I'm gonna check out rotating TV stands as an option.
                1x conversation with the wife later...

Originally posted by randombs
                Decided to keep the wheeled cabinet for now.

Comment

Keeping it was my decision, so nerr.

I found a nice one but I'm gonna wait until we've finished unpacking and decided on the room layout.

Comment

Working...
                  X