Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Lara's origin story will be complete this year as Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be revealed tomorrow and will release on 14 September. It seems it will be coming to PC, XBO and PS4.

Following the news yesterday, Square Enix has now officially released a brief teaser for the upcoming “Shadow of the Tomb Raider” with the full trailer to be unleashed on April 27th. The third game and climactic finale in heroine Lara Croft’s origin trilogy, fans can visit the series’ official site for a chance to play […]

Now official and a full trailer will hit on 27 April

Though some online commenters seem to be confusing 'final origin tale' with 'final Tomb Raider entry'

Comment

New screenshots:

Comment

Well I had no idea this was coming out until five minutes ago when I saw a trailer on PSN store, looks amazing!!

Comment

Didn't even notice this had shipped and it's already arrived so that's tonight sorted.

Comment

Did you go for the Croft edition or regular?

Comment

Just regular, for both previous games I ended up buying the games multiple times leading up to the PC versions so I took the assumption I'd end up doing the main game via Pro then later get a definitive edition on PC for less than the Croft Edition costs

Comment

Mine was shipped yesterday, hoping it at my house when I finish work in the early hours

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Just regular, for both previous games I ended up buying the games multiple times leading up to the PC versions so I took the assumption I'd end up doing the main game via Pro then later get a definitive edition on PC for less than the Croft Edition costs
                  Look forward to your thoughts Supes. I might even, shock horror, pay full whack for this one.

Comment

Last night got away from me so I didn't get to start it. I love how reviews have been a little down in places on it yet sometimes said it's better than the other two, in other words I should like it

It's a run a of games that I find that some are unfairly down on, it getting gripes for things that UC gets passes on. Especially the complaints that it's not an open tomb focused game like the old ones, they weren't really like that either for the most part and even then they stopped because neither the quality or demand was there. These are genuinely strong attempts at UC style approaches to the series that are slowly moving towards adding more from fan requests. There are certainly things to improve but I find a lot of the series complaints to be pretty weak arguments so I'm hopeful this will be another winner.

Comment

Sure the last three TR games are Uncharted-like but Lara has more tools at her disposal that make traversal interesting and enjoyable. Nathan Drake got the grapple rope in UC4 and it was well implemented but otherwise the gameplay fundamentally echoed the prior games.

I'll probably pick up the latest Tomb Raider game at some point. The game's RRP seems to be quite a premium everywhere though (pretty much borderline £40 or more even with the regular online retailers). I might wait for an offer on it but it depends how much others seem to be enjoying it I guess.

Comment

Aye, was £50 in Tesco today, I'm not that keen to play it.

Comment

Digital copy is £38.99 on cdkeys https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gam...box-one-cd-key

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] It's a game published by Square Enix.

There will be a price reduction within the first 6 - 8 weeks. It seems to happen with all their games.

Comment

I've still not played either of the Crystal Dynamics (second) reboot games but own Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on PS4 and PC. In addition I also have access to Rise of the TR on GamePass, and given that I'm slow progressing through games and won't sub to GP forever - is it OK to play the Rise first?

Comment

Working...
                              X