No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they could knock up a kickstarter?

Comment

The last good GT was on PS2 so...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        It's not even like they make anything other than GT games. That's all they do!
        Sony seem to just indulge Yamauchi to make his own personal game at his own leisure.
        They made Omega Boost once!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          The last good GT was on PS2 so...
          I went back to GT3 a few weeks ago -- it's still my favourite in the series. There's something about the overall design that feels Japanese, distinct and inviting. As much as GTS is quite impressive and feels good to play, there's something cold and uninspiring about the design that turns me off quite a bit.

When it comes to the PS5 and 8K, I think gamers would be more than lucky to get lots of top games running in 4K at 60fps. I'm sure we'll see a lot of 4K 30fps titles.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-11-2018, 23:34.

Comment

Got my PS4 pro back from Sony repair centre. Unit replacement in the end with a brand new one, they obviously deemed my jet engine pro not worth repairing.

5 day turn around, very happy about the warranty service to be honest, can’t moan at that at all a few weeks before Christmas.

Nice one Sony.

Comment

Take this with a grain of salt, but there are preliminary reports of the APU that will power the next X Box and Playstation. The codename is apparently Gonzalo, and it's based on AMD's Zen (either Zen+ or Zen2) and Navi Lite architectures; clocks are 3.2 Ghz and 1 Ghz for CPU and GPU respectively, so it's a considerable bump compared to XBOXs and PS4 Pros.
              AMD haven't revealed Navi-based graphics cards yet, but will they are expected to do so at this year's E3; the third series of Zen-based CPUs has just been unveiled.

Comment

One of the Digital Foundry guys says PS5 will have backwards compatibility. To me, still remains a very tiny-tiny deal if it didn't so any outcry if it doesn't will get old fast

Comment

I very rarely used BC on any other console. What would impress me is if the PS5 had some way of ramping up the ps4 graphics on the fly.

Comment

That’s what has made BC on Xbox One so good. The graphical enhancements and the likelihood that you have a better screen since you last played that game is quite a big deal. For example Orta in 4K on an OLED TV is a world away from playing it at 480i on a 32” SD CRT.

Comment

With the b/c I think it'll depend on how much effort it takes for Sony to have it (little by the sounds), their plans for PSNow and the value of having it vs the ability to resell PS4 games on PS5 as remasters. B/c is a nice cherry to have but it doesn't move the needle for a platform holder as the fortunes of the PS4 and XBO shows, I'm wary of how little reaction Sony has had to MS's b/c output

Comment

If the PS5 is fully backwards compatible with the PS4 / Pro in hardware rather than software that makes me think the PS5 will be somewhat conservative. It would imply minimum 8 threads x86 CPU, another GCN GPU and a single memory pool.

Comment

Given the amount of digital content I've bought for PS4, BC would be brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Yeah. I still try to buy physical copies of games but sometimes it’s just not possible. Having access to all your PSN purchased games day one on PS5 would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Yeah I think it's a given that BC will be standard in both consoles. I hope both use the Jaguar CPU as control unit to handle multi media fuctions, the OS system & BC so the new CPU and GPU in the new consoles is just for games.

Comment

lolAMD

Comment

Working...
                                X