No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep that's how I see it going down too. Half steppin seems to be the name of the game these days as it allows maximum bilkage.

What a word. Bilkage - the art and process of bilking as personified by tech and video games companies.

Comment

PSVR had sold 2million by end of 2017. That's not too shabby. I don't think it's blown its wad. My hope is that ps5 will be designed to deliver even better VR. I don't care about 4k.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        PSVR had sold 2million by end of 2017. That's not too shabby. I don't think it's blown its wad. My hope is that ps5 will be designed to deliver even better VR. I don't care about 4k.
        They could make current PSVRs compatible with the console, that would make more existing users consider upgrading to a new console.

Comment

General consensus is that the PS5 will be VR centric

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
            That’ll be me bowing out of gaming mostly then.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
              Of whom?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Of whom?
                The esteemed firm of Messrs Guess, Opine and Speculate with their rumoured long time silent partner, the double barreled Wishful-Thinking.

Never forget:

Comment

So the PS5 is going to be a black box containing an AMD Zen based APU, at least 16GB RAM, an UHD Blu-ray drive and a HDD that’s hopefully a little bigger than the laughable ones in the current consoles...

Comment

Gonna need to see your source regarding your claim that it'll be black. Crazy rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Gonna need to see your source regarding your claim that it'll be black. Crazy rumor.
                      It was revealed by the same site that correctly revealed PS4, XBO, and Switch specs so it might be true.
                      Semiaccurate is back with a bang, and that bang is Sony Playstation 5/Next specs and timetables.

Comment

I could believe that Sony would design the PS5 in a way that it makes VR support easier, anything that the system can do for itself would make the peripheral aspects much easier to release at lower rrp's which would prove the most important element in growing adoption of the tech.

But there's absolutely zero chance the system will launch with VR as the focus. I don't even think it'll be present at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Of whom?
                          Just bits and bobs I keep hearing that’s all , pure speculation

Comment

From industry people you know, or just internet chatter?

I'd be surprised if PSVR wasn't a part of the PS5 announcement, but I'd be equally surprised if it was the main focus. One of the big reasons PS4 has been such a success is that from the very beginning it was a proper, 'normal' games console that did all the normal games console things, at a decent price.

I'd be surprised that anyone would want to make an expensive peripheral the focus of the launch after the absolute cock up of Kinect 2.0.

If you ask me, Sony's main focus won't be PSVR - it'll be announcing something that feels credibly new and comes in at £349.
                            Last edited by wakka; 06-04-2018, 08:55.

Comment

The Kinect point is exactly why I don't see the 5 being VR centric. It would be really nice if they allowed the original peripheral to work on the PS5, that would be cool, but designing an entire ecosystem around it after what happened with MS seems very unlikely as Sony usually follow the path of least resistance and only copy what worked from their competitors. I also agree that they'll come in at a low price point. If they offer BC straight out of the box it will represent a no brainer upgrade for the legions of PS4 owners on just those two points which seems probable as they'll want to keep their market share by any means.

Sent from My Armchair by NavelGaze

Comment

Make it a VR based manchine would be doing a bit of a Virtual Boy. No way will that happen. I believe it will be bundled with a snowboard peripheral though.

Comment

Working...
                                X