No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm certain PS5 will support disc based games. No way they would risk digital only after the Xbox One announcement debacle

Comment

Even if the network is there peeps will still want physical. It's all about trading. For many God of War will cost them £50 digital, but effectively about a tenner once played and traded physically. Digital has a long way to go to wipe out physical no matter how far it's come. I'd feel fairly optimistic that Playstation 6 will feature physical media, nevermind 5.

Comment

I want something tangible for my 50 quid

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Even if the network is there peeps will still want physical. It's all about trading. For many God of War will cost them £50 digital, but effectively about a tenner once played and traded physically. Digital has a long way to go to wipe out physical no matter how far it's come. I'd feel fairly optimistic that Playstation 6 will feature physical media, nevermind 5.
          This a million times over. If im going to go digital then the prices better be alot lower as there is no sell on value and most physical games these days i buy, i end up selling after im finished recouping alot of the cost.

If i buy a new game on launch for £45 play it over say a period of a year or mabee even 18 months and then trade or sell it for £25 then i have only paid £20 for it and have had it long enough to see/do everything.

Im mainly a Steam gamer today so i have no problem with digital in principal but, all my buys are in the Steam Summer & Winter sales when the price is good enough that it offers as good value for money as buying a physical copy.
          Last edited by Sam The Man; 18-04-2018, 13:46.

Comment

Digital only is crap.

*has super slow internet connection thats also capped*

Comment

Digital only is the future. You cheapskates will have to only buy games that you'll actually play.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Digital only is the future. You cheapskates will have to only buy games that you'll actually play.
                It's the opposite for some though, as evidenced by my recent piracy spree. Let's see how many of these PSOne and 3DS games I actually play beyond five minutes.

Comment

Theft aside, I really don't see the difference in pirating a digital title over downloading it legitimately. There's no side incentive to 'owning' a digital entity - other than being able to keep my cash whilst screwing the publisher, and to a lesser degree the developers.

To be honest the money is a very small issue. They'd be lucky to end up with thirty hours of my time, more than anything.

Perhaps abundance is the future, who knows. I know that when I was spending between £60 and £400 for AES carts back in my 20's those games got well and truly rinsed. I've barely spent three hours on Switch KoF'98 despite loving the form factor and yes, that 'd-pad'.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Theft aside, I really don't see the difference in pirating a digital title over downloading it legitimately. There's no side incentive to 'owning' a digital entity - other than being able to keep my cash whilst screwing the publisher, and to a lesser degree the developers.

To be honest the money is a very small issue. They'd be lucky to end up with thirty hours of my time, more than anything.

Perhaps abundance is the future, who knows. I know that when I was spending between £60 and £400 for AES carts back in my 20's those games got well and truly rinsed. I've barely spent three hours on Switch KoF'98 despite loving the form factor and yes, that 'd-pad'.
                    *sends abusive SMS to your house phone*
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

I really have no issue whatsoever downloading a rom these days of an old game I’ve already purchased dozens of times already.

If Nintendo sorted themselves out and had a legacy store that stayed online beyond one dam console I might consider giving some cash for ones I’d play.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-04-2018, 20:39.

Comment

And to be honest, a digital only console that is embraced across the board is only as viable as your least well connected target market. I've bought some games via digital, typically long life ones like Battlefield 4, but for most games that take a dozen hours to complete it's pretty much madness for the average consumer to end up £50-60 out of pocket for a game that via physical would see them only a tenner down.

Comment

And especially so for games with annual upgrades. Who wants to drop 50 on FIFA when it's out of date in a year, and can't be traded in?

Comment

To be fair, FIFA is a bad example as its worth 50p trade in after 9 months.

Comment

I found this article an interesting read:

It discusses if Sony are planning on a new portable console, but the processing grunt is handled in the cloud and the connection uses 5G mobile data.

Some discussion at the end from other industry commentators about how true they think that rumour is, primarily that they think it's not likely.

Comment

Yes not likely. Wouldn't even work in most places.

Comment

Working...
                                X