The Crew 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Crew 2

So, Closed Beta invites for PC are going out to select players right now for both this and Far Cry 5.

There's an NDA though and the game and Ubisoft are very heavy on emphasising that. I'm not sure whether the NDA just covers sharing information relating to content, screenshots, video's and audio or whether any discussion at all is prohibited.

Public information relating to it though is that the Beta allows players access to the entire open world and also gives several races in each of the four racing disciplines that range from off-road, street racing, boats and planes.

I received my invite yesterday and tried the game out last night. Not sure if I can say more than that or not...

Ubisoft has announced that its long-awaited open-world driving sequel The Crew 2 will finally launch on PC, Xbox One, a…

The Crew 2 has a release date of 29 June

Comment

This isn't far away now!

There's a competition on this weekend:

Comment

I played this a bit last night. Some good arcadey racing in between the lashings of pomp and general obnoxious tripe. I liked the city racing, with the rallying a bit barren and the planes strange to control. I will give it another go.

Comment

Xboxing now. Seems so weird after FH3.

Comment

Weird in what way?

Comment

Controls seem wooden. I expect it will improve before release. Especially the motoX bike and plane.

Comment

But even the cars seem not as fun to drive as in the original. Difficult to put my finger on it.

Comment

It's a sequel made on the cheap which is why it doesn't work for me. They've basically jammed their hand into the original game, stirred it around and slapped a 2 on there. There are improvements but they come at a cost, Ubisoft clearly wanted to pursue the series with minimal risk.

Comment

The handling models are weird - I throttled back the plane expecting to be able to do a stall turn in the freestyle aerobatics and all it did was start going downwards tail first even with the rudder hardover. Water looks quite nice though, enjoyed the boat racing out of all the different events I tried and I didn't completely hate the motorcycle racing.

Doesn't seem like a £50 game though, so I can't see myself buying it at that price at release.

Comment

If it's anything like the original it probably won't be that long until it's one Live Gold, PS+ or GamePass - minus all the DLC they want you to buy.

Comment

if Codemasters Onrush is a full price game which it is, I don't defend ubisoft but content wise there seems enough there to warrant full price.

Comment

All filler no killer.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            But even the cars seem not as fun to drive as in the original. Difficult to put my finger on it.
                            I found the car handling a bit off too. Got used to it the more I played though. Had good fun playing co-op but not convinced enough for a day one purchase. Will probably buy it when it (inevitably) ends up on sale.

Comment

The Crew 2 is Ubisoft's latest racing experience, combining land, sea, and air in seamless transitions as you scour the open world of the United States.

THE CREW 2 GAMEPLAY – BLAZING AROUND MANHATTAN IN A FORD MUSTANG GT

Comment

Working...
                              X