Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RUSSIA is innocent - what is happening to the world? Россия восторжествует!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    I asked that question a while back too. Whilst I don't trust the pro russian site scetcz linked, I also don't trust BBC or sky news. Would like a news site that's just news, not stories or opinion pieces.
    There is literally only arstechnica.com left that’s even remotely in any way impartial.

Comment

Articles I read on sites that I agree with are impartial. It's clearly just the ones that don't back up my world view that are biased.
      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 17-04-2018, 14:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Articles I read on sites that I agree with are impartial. It's clearly just the ones that don't back up my world view that are impartial.
        So they're all impartial? ;-)

Comment

Whoops. Typo. They are partial... to a nice biscuit and a cup of tea.

Comment

This is a report from One America News Network - not one I'm familiar with, so looked it up on Media Bias Fact Check to find it is right leaning, factual reporting listed as mixed. http://www.oann.com/oan-investigatio...tack-in-syria/ (report also been posted on YouTube).

Robert Fisk also reporting a similar story in the Independent : https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8307726.html

I suppose it's conceivable that Assad placed state actors in the town / threatened to gas them all again if they didn't tell this version of events.

Stewart McDonald MP (MP for Glasgow South) is claiming that MPs have been shown selective information in order to rally support for the strike on Syria: https://twitter.com/StewartMcDonald/...12403510734848
            Last edited by MartyG; 17-04-2018, 15:37.

Comment

This is getting pretty blatant now: https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...oning-coverage

Tom Tugendhat, the chair of the Commons foreign affairs select committee, called it a hostile agent carrying out information warfare, and the former Labour minister Chris Bryant asked: “Can we just stop Russia Today broadcasting its propaganda in this country?”
              The impression this gives is that the UK Gov really don't seem to want to have any other narrative other than their official line. And it seems that they're angling to do just that.

The regulator Ofcom had warned that RT producer TV Novosti could lose its right to broadcast in Britain if it failed its “fit and proper” test.

“Ultimately, we may decide that the licence should be revoked because the licensee is not fit and proper, on broadcasting compliance grounds.”
              For clarity, Ofcom is government run.
              Last edited by MartyG; 18-04-2018, 12:32.

Comment

Even before this eyes it's felt like eyes have been circling RT for a while. Recent events seem to be giving them the momentum to block it like they wanted to for a while.

Comment

The UK needs to step up their closure of Russia Today before more people see their propaganda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPFaEG9vJT4 -

Comment

Yep. Utter bs and our government knew as much. Theresa may needs to join Tony Blair in being brought to trial for war crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      The UK needs to step up their closure of Russia Today before more people see their propaganda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPFaEG9vJT4 -
                      "Their" being RT's propaganda, or the Tory's propaganda? Because I can read it either way...

Comment

I reckon he meant RT propoganda but was being sarcastic i.e. he doesn't believe it is propaganda but the government will claim it is.

Comment

More feedback on the chemical

Comment

A "massive dose" and "more deadly than Sarin" and "built as a weapon" and "Üzümcü said he had been told that about 50-100g of the nerve agent was thought to have been used" told by whom? Theresa May? Again we're seeing claims with zero source to back it up.

Someone told me Theresa May blows goats, so it must be true - she's got a goat like face, that's all the proof we need.

It's an amount that's conveniently larger than a test vial and now we're being told that it's "not affected by weather conditions" to try and cover the previous claim that it was dosed on the door handles. In liquid form. In the rain.

And now that revelations other countries have been producing the agent (by their own admission), the story has to be changed that the quantities were so vast, it couldn't possible have been from the test sources these countries are producing - the ones that were never previously producing anything as only Russia could do it.

This isn't being conspiratorial - the story has changed at least three times now.

After all this changing the story multiple times though, it's clearly not a very good weapon given it didn't kill anyone despite being so deadly; it's time to chuck it all in the bin as it's a bit useless all told.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 04-05-2018, 08:36.

Comment

In side related news, none of our government's lies mean a damn thing, because the Tories did quite well in recent elections.

Rolling reaction following the English local and mayoral elections on 3 May 2018

I was anticipating them getting totally wiped off the map. Sadly not. Who is voting for these parasites? There can't possibly be that many rich sociopaths in England! Can there?

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                                I was anticipating them getting totally wiped off the map. Sadly not. Who is voting for these parasites? There can't possibly be that many rich sociopaths in England! Can there?
                                It's not just wealthy people. It's people who think they might one day be wealthy, who want to be miserly when that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X