Sonic Mania Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

What was the second Sonic game that played like 2D but modernized in that trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
        What was the second Sonic game that played like 2D but modernized in that trailer?
        Sonic Generations.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Sonic Generations.
          Thanks. Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            Thanks. Any good?
            That's a thread in and of itself The general consensus appears to be "yes", though it's not perfect.

It's certainly a good nostalgia trip for some of the levels, and looks really good in 1080/60 on PC.

It has two modes; modern Sonic and classic Sonic. Modern is a bit like the Adventure series onwards and Classic is a bit like the older Sonic games; however Sonic doesn't really control like he did in those older games all that much (Mania really shows it up in that department).

Also, they feature levels from across the entire series, but somehow find room for a level from Sonic '06; one assumes that Sega gave the team a directive that they had to feature more levels from games that were available to buy. It also has some terrible bosses; the final boss in particular was dreadful.

However, that shouldn't prevent you from giving it a go, if you're a Sonic fan.

Comment

Nice one. Had a quick look at meta and the edge review stood out:

"A reminder of both what you adore and abhor in a series that's had its simple joys diluted by flash-in-the-plan iterations and ideas."

Rikes!

Comment

July 17th release for 30 quid. Up for £23 on base at the mo.

Comment

Sonic Mania Plus is out! Looks like we lost the first play thread. Anyone know how to control Ray?

Comment

I'm now what feels like 27 minutes into the ending credits. Around four people actually made the game, with the entire population of China working on HR/PR/Marketing/Business development/Finance/Payroll/Catering/Graphic Design/Publishing/Communications/Management...
                    Anything else I've missed?

Comment

Is it controversial to say I hate the final level of this? Just don’t like the design of it at all.

Comment

I can’t remember what it is at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X