Sonic Mania Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Mania Plus

Keen to rinse the most of the one Sonic project to actually get a strong response, Sega has just announced Sonic Mania Plus coming to all four platforms this summer.

First additions to the game are two playable characters:

Other than the isometric Sonic throwbacks, Plus adds an Encore Mode that visually changes the levels and some new methods of play. Competition Mode is also expanded to 4 player.

Players of Sonic Mania will be able to upgrade for a lower price and a physical release will also be hitting stores.

Woo and hoo.

Glad I ain't played this yet.

Comment

If only that Genesis version was a real game. If the DLC to take the standard game up to Plus is cheap this could be an essential.

Comment

Needs more Big the Cat....

Depending on how much the dlc is I might just get the disc if it’s only 20 quid.

Comment

I was sold on Psyical Release. As for that ugly Genesis case I'll be praying to god there's a real Mega Drive case for the rest of the world.

Comment

Who is Ray? I don’t remember that one. I’d be half tempted to double dip for the physical release and yet I don’t really have a reason why I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Who is Ray? I don’t remember that one. I’d be half tempted to double dip for the physical release and yet I don’t really have a reason why I would.
              Ray was a character in Sonic Fighters, obscure as it may be.

I'd read elsewhere that the upgrade to Sonic Mania Plus will be free for existing owners of Sonic Mania. Would be nice but I understand if they charge for it.

Comment

Oh, I played Sonic Fighters but can’t remember him. He can’t have been too memorable!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Ray was a character in Sonic Fighters, obscure as it may be.
                  Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Oh, I played Sonic Fighters but can’t remember him. He can’t have been too memorable!
                  Ray wasn't in Sonic the Fighters.

He originally appeared, along with Mighty the Armadillo, in the coin-op game SegaSonic The Hedgehog.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-03-2018, 10:46.

Comment

Ah that explains it. Mighty was in other Sonic games so I remember him but Ray must not have made the jump to any other game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Ray wasn't in Sonic the Fighters.

He originally appeared, along with Mighty the Armadillo, in the coin-op game SegaSonic The Hedgehog.

There's a piece of information no one ever needed to know

I'm going to save anyone the trouble of making a first play.

"Well i picked this up today and its indeed a putrid, turgid, rotten, cash in pile of crap, don't buy guys. Lets just hope the next one is better eh?".
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-03-2018, 11:10.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        There's a piece of information no one ever needed to know

I'm going to save anyone the trouble of making a first play.

"Well i picked this up today and its indeed a putrid, turgid, rotten, cash in pile of crap, don't buy guys. Lets just hope the next one is better eh?".

Comment

Ray the flying squirrel lol. What a character.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Ray the flying squirrel lol. What a character.
                            A hero. Not the hero we deserved but the one we need.

Comment

I got my wires crossed, sorry. Free updates to existing games are always welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X