Soul Calibur VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Calibur VI

Artwork released confirming the title is staying despite it being more a rethink of SC1.

Pretty poor art for me, looks like a weak fan photoshop

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    This made me have a look back through the previous covers. It's a weird old franchise in terms of graphic design; there's almost no consistency in the covers - not even in their treatment of the logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Artwork released confirming the title is staying despite it being more a rethink of SC1.

But it's got Geralt of Rivia in it! I'll be up for that. Makes more sense than **** such as the spawn or star wars.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 18-03-2018, 14:44.

Comment

The covers for SC I, IV & V are the nicest to me. Like the art team went through various options before settling on the actual covers.

I'm down with Geralt being added. He has many of the elements already present in existing SC characters. I just hope that he's not an OP character.

Will we get any additional guest characters though? And is it looking like an Autumn-early Winter release for the game at this point?

Comment

Really looking forward to this looks like plays like Soul Calibur I and II with a splash of Tekken 7. Watched some 4K footage recently and character models are really detailed. Hope it has lots of modes as Soul Calibur V while good was a bit stripped back nodes wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            This made me have a look back through the previous covers. It's a weird old franchise in terms of graphic design; there's almost no consistency in the covers - not even in their treatment of the logo.

It probably doesn't help that you've used different regions for each game.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              It probably doesn't help that you've used different regions for each game.
              I looked through the lot; the point was that it makes surprisingly little difference. Each iteration of SC has a visual style that differs a great deal from the previous.

Comment

Release set for 19 October 2018

Comment

Do I really need a 12” statue of Sophitia?...

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                    Do I really need a 12” statue of Sophitia?...
                    Bit of a joke, really. The normal version is £50 (will be £30 a month after launch) and the special edition is £130. It comes with a statue and a soundtrack, but the soundtrack is just a digital voucher.

It does come with the season pass, but I doubt that'll make too much of a dent in the effective £100 cost for the Sophitia statue.

Comment

They've announced a new character, Azwel:

Soulcalibur 6 introduces a brand new character into the series called Azwel.The self-proclaimed leader of humanity uses…

... who seems like a replacement for Necrid from SCII, as he uses the same gimmick (he carries an object which can summon weapons out of thin air).

That being said, people are up in arms because the game isn't out yet and Namco have already announced that Tira is going to be a DLC-only character. The game's not out, and she's finished, but she's not going to be in it. You have to pay extra.

I wanted to get this but I'm tempted to just leave it, due to it having a season pass (I've so far not bought one of those for any game).

Comment

Apparently if this one doesn't sell well Namco will bury the franchise ala Ridge Racer. They need to be careful about their practices then

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          They've announced a new character, Azwel:

Soulcalibur 6 introduces a brand new character into the series called Azwel.The self-proclaimed leader of humanity uses…

... who seems like a replacement for Necrid from SCII, as he uses the same gimmick (he carries an object which can summon weapons out of thin air).

That being said, people are up in arms because the game isn't out yet and Namco have already announced that Tira is going to be a DLC-only character. The game's not out, and she's finished, but she's not going to be in it. You have to pay extra.

I wanted to get this but I'm tempted to just leave it, due to it having a season pass (I've so far not bought one of those for any game).
                          The new character looks interesting (albeit one for the cheap players). I agree about the devs putting a returning character as chargeable DLC does suck. Having guest characters be chargeable makes sense as that will help the dev cover the licensing costs for said guest character. However as you mentioned Asura, when the character's finished and ready to go, putting them behind a paywall is a shoddy practice.

What's wrong with devs taking the SFV approach and allowing players to unlock the additional characters by playing the f****n game? SMH...

Comment

Namco have been experimenting with this for years, leading to Vita Ridge Racer being a mess of downloads. And with PSP Soul Calibur not even having a main single player mode, I reckon they have lost touch with how to just deliver a game that works as a basic game before messing about with the extras.

I haven't played SFV but everything I read about unlocking characters in the SFV thread seems awful so, if the standard has been lowered to the point where that's the desire, I know I can pretty much count myself out of something like this. When it comes to fighting games and racers, I just want them back to normaol: a single player arcade/story/tour mode with a good choice of fighters/cars and an ending with credits. Feels like a simple thing to ask for.

Comment

I'll say that although I've unlocked every DLC character so far through just playing SFV I won't deny that its taken some time to do so (I'm on the verge of unlocking the penultimate available DLC character and I know it'll be somewhat of a grind to unlock the last one). I've committed to obtaining them this way though which is a personal choice (as opposed to buying the character passes).

The argument does arise as to whether it has been worth my time unlocking the characters this way rather than coughing up the funds for the character passes. Sometimes it hasn't felt that great when it takes longer to level up existing characters with each level gained. However its quite cathartic when you unlock a character through FM earned in-game, then get some of that FM back through completing that new character's story, trials and one-two runthroughs of survival.

My personal issue with the Soul Calibur VI season pass is that they've already put one series regular behind a paywall. I'm guessing the other two characters that will be part of the season pass will also be legacy characters. This does not go down well at all compared to having 3 guest characters in addition to Geralt (then its at least understandable to an extent due to Bandai Namco having to pay licensing fees for using those characters).

Tut tut Bandai Namco; I thought you knew better

Comment

Working...
                              X