Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last days of the Wii eshop, one week left to buy point, best games to buy on WiiWare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last days of the Wii eshop, one week left to buy point, best games to buy on WiiWare

Can't see a recent thread on this, but this week if the last chance to buy eshop point for the Nintendo Wii. It shuts part of it's door on, Monday 26th March 2018 at 21:00 UK time:

While there wasn't a huge range of original games on the service there is still a few few well worth buying, so lets get some recommendation in before the shut down beings.

I'm going to start with Star Soldier R a caravan addition to the series while the game is only 5 minutes long, it's very addictive and I do, keep coming back to it to improve my score. Great to have a quick blast on when you don't have much time.

My recommendation would be Konami's ReBirth trilogy from 2009 - Gradius ReBirth, Contra ReBirth and Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth.

These modern retro remasters are rumoured to be coming to the Nintendo Switch but nothing definite has been confirmed.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-03-2018, 15:29.

Comment

Some good picks there Nu

Another really great game is the balance puzzle game, You, Me and the Cubes, which was developed by Kenji Eno. It makes throwing little people onto giant cubes great fun, all the time watching and hoping they don't fall off!

Comment

Seems to be a bit of a lack of Wii love on here at the minute, some great game are going next week. Sure WiiWare was largely overpriced, but here our the RG team picks for Seven games that are WiiWare exclusive worth picking up before the shop shuts.

Video shows off, 530 Eco Shooter, Contra Re-Birth, Excitebike World Challenge, You, Me, and the CUBES, Onslaught, Alien Crush Returns, Space Invaders Get Even. All of them are not available on other platforms at the time of writing.

Comment

MUSCLE MARCH

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            MUSCLE MARCH
            An excellent shout, and only 500 Nintendo Points too.

Gotta be honest though, downloading all of the WiiWare that I want isn't going to be cheap!

Also, not sure that I wanna faff about with WiiWare that has DLC to buy for it so that pretty much rules out Space Invaders Get Even and the Final Fantasy games.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 23-03-2018, 10:56.

Comment

Another titles I recommed if you're a fan of N64 platform games Jett Rocket, should be right up your street.

Anyone on the fence over Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth should have a watch of this:

Comment

While the shops still open I'll keep posting, another one to add to the play list Chronos Twin DX, original released on the Nintendo DS, this DX version is an enhanced port. Original DS version was mainly 2D art this was WiiWare one was largely mostly 3D.

DS version is also out at retail and on DSi ware!

Comment

Post away, S3M! This thread will be useful even after the Wii Shop Channel's closure and, ironically, we have piracy to thank for that.

I remember Lost Winds being hailed as one of the platform's first gems. It's no longer an exclusive but the motion controls it was designed around should guarantee the Wii version is still the definitive one.

Comment

Well here's a selection of other people's suggestions that you might want to pick up a few, Japanese, USA and Club Nintendo only WiiWare titles as well:

There was also a good feature on this website too:
                    When the Wii Shop Channel closes, these 24 games and more will be gone, possibly for good.

There's also three games that have Wii Motion Plus support:

ShadowPlay (A shadow puppet game, matching shapes
                    Rage of the Gladiator (Fantasy Punch-out clone picked this one up myself)
                    GhostSlayer (Spooky Hack and Slash)
                    Last edited by S3M; 24-03-2018, 19:35.

Comment

Well zero hour is fast approaching 8:59pm today, squeezed out one final picks videos before the shutdown begins:

Comment

Probably worth keeping the link below in mind if any of you are remotely interested in seeing WiiWare preserved post-Wii Shop Channel.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-03-2018, 08:29.

Comment

Useful date info? :

End date of each service

• Adding points to the Wii Shop Channel: Monday 26th March 2018 at 21:00 UK time
                          • Purchase of WiiWare, Virtual Console software, Wii Channels (including free software)*: Thursday, 31st January 2019 at 06:00 UK time
                          • Full closure of the Wii Shop Channel and disabling of redownload functions in 2019 (more details to be announced at a later date)

*With some exceptions, it is possible to re-download previously downloaded WiiWare, Virtual Console and Wii Channel software until the full closure of the Wii Shop Channel in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post

• Full closure of the Wii Shop Channel and disabling of redownload functions in 2019 (more details to be announced at a later date)

*With some exceptions, it is possible to re-download previously downloaded WiiWare, Virtual Console and Wii Channel software until the full closure of the Wii Shop Channel in 2019.
                            See, this is why I don't buy Nintendo games digitally.

Comment

It's alright, In 2050 you're still going to be able to buy a second-hand Wii from somewhere along with a USB stick and get everything that ever existed for the console (and the Gamecube) installed on there within a matter of hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X