Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atari VCS: "I feel rather fine..." BONK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hdmi cec function is dope. One remote to rule them all!

Back on topic, who the hell wants to play 2600 games? How in the heck do things like this get green lit and produced?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      The hdmi cec function is dope. One remote to rule them all!

Back on topic, who the hell wants to play 2600 games? How in the heck do things like this get green lit and produced?
      It needs to come with as much as they can possibly use. Then there needs to be the ability to add android apps so that it can be used as an emulator for everything up to Dreamcast. They have something then.

Comment

Yeah the modding side could be cool but that didn't help the Ouya and the Shield already exists anyway.

Now an official mini Dreamcast built around reicast with some optimization and tweaks on modified shield hardware with a wireless dc controller would be dope.

Comment

The Register have a short piece on Atari's new plastic box...because there's nothing inside what they brought at this GDC.

Comment

The box sounds like this whole endeavour - completely hollow.

Might be worth picking up one of these Linux boxes when they get sold off under £50.

Still, at least AMD get to offload its remaining Steamroller CPU stock

Comment

Great idea [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION], please give me a shout once they are £50 as I'm sure it'll re purpose nicely.

Comment

I'm more interested in the RetroN 77 personally. This does nothing for me.

I've really enjoyed going back to them lately, even got a modded 2600 on it's way to me now.

Comment

Wow. What may I ask fascinates you about such rudimentary graphics and matching gameplay? The 2600 titles were barely passable in the era they occurred in so I'm genuinely wondering the allure now.

To me the quality of the gaming experience has increased exponentially throughout the generations and the leaps have been so immense that even two steps back feels like going from the jetsons to the flintstones. And that's not just in terms of visuals but sheer fun and gameplay too.

Comment

The only way this will be vaguely intetesting is if this plays VC style Atari arcade games, though one suspects you can get those all on PS2 15 years ago already.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      The only way this will be vaguely intetesting is if this plays VC style Atari arcade games, though one suspects you can get those all on PS2 15 years ago already.
                      But my PS4 can't play PS2 games! *screeches*

Comment

Wow. What may I ask fascinates you about such rudimentary graphics and matching gameplay? The 2600 titles were barely passable in the era they occurred in so I'm genuinely wondering the allure now.

To me the quality of the gaming experience has increased exponentially throughout the generations and the leaps have been so immense that even two steps back feels like going from the jetsons to the flintstones. And that's not just in terms of visuals but sheer fun and gameplay too.
                        There isn't much to it, games like Demon Attack, Galaxian and River Raid are still a blast to play even now and have that one more go factor that keep me coming back for more. In terms of graphics and sound it's impressive what was pulled off on the machine; I find them quite charming.

Comment

I will take a peek at those and see what kicks, thanks

Comment

More pictures of the real thing (that doesn’t work)... https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/23/...ox-hands-on/#/

Last edited by _SD_; 23-03-2018, 22:24.

Comment

I believe this comes up for preorder on the 30th May. Anyone going to take the plunge?

Comment

Everything about it looks nasty but the modern retro joystick really has a nice, if useless, vibe.

No word of what’s under the hood yet bar potential vapour and dreams?

Comment

Working...
                                X