Far Cry 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far Cry 5

Only a couple of days until Ubisofts latest open world adventure is released and preorder numbers are very strong for this one.

It follows on from the last two releases that seemed to see popularity for the series temper down a little. FC4 proved to be solid if overly familiar to the popular third game whilst the spin-off Primal seemed to whimper onto the market, once again proving very similar to FC3 including repurposing its map too.

This one seems to have reignited the flame under the series though for many. Looking forward to the latest entry?

I've never played a Far Cry game but I do like the look of this. I've cancelled my pre-order though as I have other games to play first.

Comment

Same for me. I've never played a Far Cry game (except Blood Dragon), and this seemed quite an interesting premise.

I'm too busy hunting monsters still at the minute, though.

Is this all solo or is there some co-op?

Comment

Full co-op campaign for two I think. I have it pre-ordered for the Xbox One. Looks like a right blast.

Comment

I've plumped for PC for that 60fps goodness. Apparently the tower climbing from 3-Primal has gone. I've really been overlooking this in the run up to its release but it does seem to be quite an interesting update for the series.

Comment

I’ve pre ordered the Xbox one Gold edition.Smyths got an offer on for £53.99.
            Last edited by BIG EDD; 21-03-2018, 20:51.

Comment

Picked up the gold edition today.Just rescued Boomer the dog.Loving the atmosphere so far

Comment

The best opening 20 mins to any game ever and the GFX on the One X are off the chart, This is one amazing game. THERE IS A GOD and its Called Ubi lol

Comment

Put about 4 hours into this yesterday. Here's a story.

Found a wandering shopkeeper who talks to me about fishing. I get my first fishing rod. I've stumbled across a good spot for catching rainbow trout. After a couple of unsuccessful casts I finally snag one. An epic struggle begins. Man vs Fish. The fish makes me work hard for it but inch by inch it gets closer to the shore. And then a small brown creature wanders into the water. I thought it was an otter so ignored it and kept fighting the fish which is nearly in my grasp.

Turns out it wasn’t an otter. It was a bear cub. I worked this out when the shopkeeper starts screaming and I start taking damage. Because mummy and daddy bear have turned up. So much for the fish! Fighting two enraged bears with just a pistol was not easy. RIP shopkeeper.

Comment

Pling me for some coop Paulos, if you see me online I did about 4 hours too. Story is a bit naff, but open world and combat is fun

Comment

Will do! Had a go on Arcade mode today. Can have up to six on a team and play co-op. Had a right laugh with just two of us earlier.

Comment

Working...
                      X