General gaming questions that aren't thread worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Who was it who bought one of those hdmi scanline generator doofer? I think it was @capcom_suicide but it was lost in the recent forum issue. Just wondering if it was any good?
    Not me mate. But would love one!

Comment

Can anyone recommend me an easy to find cheapie PS2 pad that has smooth analog feel to the sticks? Playing Yakuza 2 with my old 2001 Dual Shock 2 and the analogs feel bulbous and imprecise, leathery, even my other pad feels like beef jerky as well.

Wanna try some PS2 FPSes out but no way am I trying that with my current pad. Surely there must be a silky analog PS2 controller out there?

Comment

Player 2 memes aside i think the mad catz ps2 micro controller may be just what you're looking for:

I remember the analogs being really nice and they are going for just over a fiver on eBay.

Comment

Cheers mate will look out for one!

Comment

Seeing as we don't have a 3DS thread any more I'll ask here, anyone played The Alliance Alive? It really looks ace:

Getting proper Grandia II vibes right thurr!

Comment

What's the verdict on Ni No Kuni? Just noticed the sequel announcement and am considering checking out the original. What say?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                What's the verdict on Ni No Kuni? Just noticed the sequel announcement and am considering checking out the original. What say?
                I've heard it's OK, but overall a competent RPG that was propped up by the amazing visuals.

Comment

Loved the original game, as Asura says it's a 7.5/10 RPG but the visuals and art style make it something special. It's like playing a Ghibli film.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                    Seeing as we don't have a 3DS thread any more I'll ask here, anyone played The Alliance Alive? It really looks ace:

Getting proper Grandia II vibes right thurr!
                    Hadn't heard about this, i can only find links to eShop downloads, did it get an physical release in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                      Hadn't heard about this, i can only find links to eShop downloads, did it get an physical release in the UK?
                      No physical release in EU I believe, USA/Japan only for physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        No physical release in EU I believe, USA/Japan only for physical.
                        Damn it

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I've heard it's OK, but overall a competent RPG that was propped up by the amazing visuals.
                          Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                          Loved the original game, as Asura says it's a 7.5/10 RPG but the visuals and art style make it something special. It's like playing a Ghibli film.
                          Thanks lads, I'm in the mood for a good RPG, hence the questions. Might just go with Persona 5 instead but the comments saying that its a slog/not as good as 4G/should've been 20 hours shorter etc.. are putting me off as is the sheer amount of time (100 hours) required just for a basic play through as I prefer shorter games that are tight with no padding. Decisions..

Comment

Anyone using an XRGB or OSSC with a 4K TV? Thinking of picking up an OLED LG soon, but want to make sure 240p still looks good scaled up before i do.

Comment

Is the arcade Art of Fighting, in the default cabinet difficulty, meant to be super-hard?

I know SNK's fighters have a reputation for being difficult but I'm pretty good at 2D fighters, yet I'm really struggling with AoF.

Comment

I've got the chance to buy a Sony PVM 2730QM cube monitor, anyone ever had one of these? How do they compare to other PVMs?

Comment

Working...
                                X