No announcement yet.

General gaming questions that aren't thread worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not paying £200 for a last generation console just to play Spectral Force 3 and Love Football. With a bone I could justify it as a 4k blu ray player, but a 360? No chance!

Comment

Why not just get a hacked one? Surely the mod makes it region free?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
        Is there anything on consoles that would interest a flight simulator player?
        As I've got the 360 on, I'll name a few 360 ones, Heroes Over Europe, Blazing Angels 1&2, IL2 Sturmovik to name a few. Probably more arcadey than simulationy I'd wager tho.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
          Why not just get a hacked one? Surely the mod makes it region free?
          I was thinking that. A mate used to sell jtagged 360s so I've messaged him.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
            I was thinking that. A mate used to sell jtagged 360s so I've messaged him.
            Nice one, could you ask him how much he'd charge to mod a Trinity for me as well?

Comment

I'm not sure if he still does it as the last one I had off him was about 8 years ago! But I can ask....

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                I'm not sure if he still does it as the last one I had off him was about 8 years ago! But I can ask....
                Much appreciated bud, if he doesn’t could you ask him which chip is the best for a Trinity and where to get a real one? Nets full of fakes and conflicting info.

Comment

Heard back from him and he's not done any for years due to lack of demand. Looks like I'll have to try and source a cheap import 360....

Comment

This guy on the Xecuter forums does them, lives in Warrington. Costs are:

J-tag, RGH, RGH2, R-Jtag fitting service

J-TAG install (ONLY IF DASH IS 7371 OR BELOW) £30
                    RGH 1 glitch hack £40 phat on dash 14699 or below (Opus, Falcon)
                    RGH 2 glitch hack £40 phat on dash 14719 or above (Jasper)
                    RGH glitch hack Slim on Trinity all dash's £40
                    R-Jtag Phat's only ( Opus, Falcon & Jasper ) £65 dash 15572 and above
                    RGH glitch hack/jtag dashboard updates £10
                    Drive key recovery services from £25 from motherboard.

Comment

Or Nottingham:

RGH Install from £40 fitted with the CR4 XL (depending on the motherboard) + £10 if postal

Comment

I was looking into JTAG myself, since I have two PAL systems and a US system. Mainly I want to play Culdcept on my PAL systems, just in case my US system breaks. (Also my disc ended up too scratched to reinstall, so I'm hoping I can somehow transfer the data from one HD to another.)

I found a website claiming to offer a download, where you put it on a USB key and it JTAG flashes any X360, with any dash - since the system treats it like an update. I never tried it... It's obviously a virus for my computer, right? I mean, nothing is that easy, is it?

Also, if you JTAG your system, does that mean I can pop an NTSC-U disc in a PAL system and it will install and play as normal? Or do I need to access games through some app? Watched a YT video on the process, and the guy would first load up a custom app, and then through that app's menu system load games he'd installed. By this point I assumed it was moe hassle than it's worth.

Comment

Thanks for that [MENTION=2390]Pavey[/MENTION], will check it out.
                          [MENTION=2415]Sketcz[/MENTION] there really is a lack of clear writing online about the mod, process and usage and that made me think it was too much hassle as well. Add the fact that most of the chips out now are apparently fake and may need to be tweaked to work on certain boards and not others just made me go all Murtaugh because I felt too old for this...

Oh how the younger me would've laughed at the older me paying someone else to mod a machine when I used to happily tweak anything I could get my hands on. Older and wiser, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                            Oh how the younger me would've laughed at the older me paying someone else to mod a machine when I used to happily tweak anything I could get my hands on. Older and wiser, eh?
                            I used to mod PAL SNES systems to run 60Hz, and with a region switch. Proper tricky hairline soldering that was. These days I can't even be bothered to install a simple cooling kit in my 360. I also now prefer dubs to subs, and don't bother completing stuff to 100%.

In a few years I'll probs just be playing Candy Crush on my phone than any proper games. Or watching Netflix. Old age and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                              I was looking into JTAG myself, since I have two PAL systems and a US system. Mainly I want to play Culdcept on my PAL systems, just in case my US system breaks. (Also my disc ended up too scratched to reinstall, so I'm hoping I can somehow transfer the data from one HD to another.)

I found a website claiming to offer a download, where you put it on a USB key and it JTAG flashes any X360, with any dash - since the system treats it like an update. I never tried it... It's obviously a virus for my computer, right? I mean, nothing is that easy, is it?

Also, if you JTAG your system, does that mean I can pop an NTSC-U disc in a PAL system and it will install and play as normal? Or do I need to access games through some app? Watched a YT video on the process, and the guy would first load up a custom app, and then through that app's menu system load games he'd installed. By this point I assumed it was moe hassle than it's worth.
                              Yes, region locking is gone with an RGH. You put in any disk and can upload it to the internal hdd or an external one. Or put the files (if you have them) on a usb stick/drive and play from there, or ftp them across.

After it glitches it loads the new dash as a game by default (the 360 thinks the hack is a regular game), so no need to load any apps; you are presented with your games as rows of cover art as soon as it boots. I use Aurora, you can see it briefly here -

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                                Yes, region locking is gone with an RGH. You put in any disk and can upload it to the internal hdd or an external one. Or put the files (if you have them) on a usb stick/drive and play from there, or ftp them across.
                                Cheers. Perfect. Just what I wanted. Crazy to think I'm tempted to circumvent all security on my system, thereby enabling piracy, just to get around region locking.

So based on a quick Google, this will require a mod chip soldered into my system? It's not doable via USB stick and downloaded software?
                                Last edited by Sketcz; 30-04-2018, 13:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X