No announcement yet.

General gaming questions that aren't thread worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently moved house and discovered my boxed Mega Drive. Should I hook it up to my TV (don't own a CRT) and if so, what's the best way?

Comment

Is anyone running a Hyperspin set up? How does it compare to retropie/modded OG Xbox?

Comment

I can vaguely remember someone looking for Japanese Project Zero games for the Wii but can't seem to find the want thread...

Comment

Super Street Fighter II HD Remix on PS3. Does the mechanics feel "off" to anyone else or is it just me?

The wonderfully chunky sprites and graphics are welcome but the underlying gameplay isn't anywhere near as precise/tight as the regular version. Switched across to SF2 Collection on PS2 and it felt like it should so whats the deal? Is this just due to them coding in that input lag factor in comparison to the old version or am I just imaging things?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            Super Street Fighter II HD Remix on PS3. Does the mechanics feel "off" to anyone else or is it just me?
            I personally really loved playing it back-in-the-day, but I was on 360, and was just happy to have a fighting game where the online component was up to scratch. I never played it back-to-back with another version.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post

The wonderfully chunky sprites and graphics are welcome but the underlying gameplay isn't anywhere near as precise/tight as the regular version. Switched across to SF2 Collection on PS2 and it felt like it should so whats the deal? Is this just due to them coding in that input lag factor in comparison to the old version or am I just imaging things?
              Yep. I really struggled with it. It feels sluggish and the collision detection seems off.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                I personally really loved playing it back-in-the-day, but I was on 360, and was just happy to have a fighting game where the online component was up to scratch. I never played it back-to-back with another version.
                I'm so surprised you didn't notice it, it feels like there is a layer of treacle underneath the gloss and it really impinges on the old muscle memory when it comes to pulling off combos.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Yep. I really struggled with it. It feels sluggish and the collision detection seems off.
                Yes indeed. To me it feels like there is an extra layer of interpretation or something else extra tucked away in the background as it all feels so off but after a quick search it appears that most people were too busy complaining about the new graphics and didn't even notice the gameplay issues which is really strange considering how nuts most SF people are when it comes to the "feel" of the game as that smooth control has always been its hallmark.

I do think its got something to do with them adding an element in to account for differing input lag on TVs because that would make sense to even the field given its online nature and peoples varying sets and unlike something like SFIV (with which you don't have a previous offline installment to compare the feel) I know how this game should play as I've spent so much time on it and am playing it on an 8ms set and its so noticeably sluggish. Darn shame as it looks great with those massive sprites and remixed soundtrack.

Comment

The style is glans on the HD remake.

Clumsy and uncool. SF2 was always kinda elegant. But I have good memories of playing SSF2THD on Live back in the day. Badly. But even then, graphics were spacktuloid. Uuuuh (shudders).

Comment

What does everyone concider to be best version of SF2?
                    I have a soft spot for SF2: Turbo.

Comment

Super Street Fighter II Turbo X
                      As soon as a version came out that didn't restart match music with each round, that was it perfected. I have solid nostalgia for the game but it's another where time and most subsequent entries have moved past SF2 now so nostalgic quick bursts are all I can hold attention on it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        nostalgic quick bursts are all I can hold attention on it for now.
                        Weirdly, I actually find that as the years go by, I enjoy going back to SFII more and more, because I'm blown away by the game's simple elegance. It's incredibly "lean", in that it has everything needed to be an amazing versus fighter and pretty much nothing I would trim away.

I have a question - How important is the Wii MotionPlus, these days?

I struggle to remember which games used it and which didn't, apart from the obvious ones like WiiSportsResort and Red Steel 2 which were sold on that basis. Does it improve the motion handling in any other games, or just those ones?

I ask because I was thinking of picking up some more WiiMotes before it becomes more difficult, but the ones with MotionPlus built-in seem to have retained their value, while regular ones are much cheaper.

Comment

I think it's because if I want that old school 2D sprite SF action then Alpha 2/3 always served me much better than SF2.

As for MotionPlus, it's completely irrelevant unless used for the games that mandated it. Skyward Sword is probably the big one, though that'll end up on Switch in no time

Comment

As someone who doesn't own a PS4, here's a question. Did Sony get over that daft "real name accounts" Facebook-esque thing they were trying to do when it launched? I remember rumblings over PSN accounts requring or showing users real names as opposed to their PSN ID, unlike the PS3. What happened with that in the finish?

Comment

It's an option. You can send real name requests to people in your friend list. Helps me be more confused over who is who tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                It's an option. You can send real name requests to people in your friend list. Helps me be more confused over who is who tbh.
                                Who would have known that Kryss’s real name is Leopard J. Ferryboat. I was impressed anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X