No announcement yet.

General gaming questions that aren't thread worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm contemplating buying Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch - my first digital purchase on the platform, and being the penny-pinching pauper that I am, I wanna know if it's any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
      I'm contemplating buying Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch - my first digital purchase on the platform, and being the penny-pinching pauper that I am, I wanna know if it's any good?
      I have a friend who praises it whenever it comes up, and it looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        My 7 year old son absolutely loves the theme tune. I have a proper ear worm of it. It is great in a **** but good sort of way.
        To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause!
        POKEMON
        Ooooh it's you and me, you know it's my destiny
        POKEMON
        I'll teach you, and you'll teach me
        PO-KAYYYY-MON
        Gotta catch em all
        POKEMON!

Ah what a bloody great theme tune. Is it still the same on today's series?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause!
          POKEMON
          Ooooh it's you and me, you know it's my destiny
          POKEMON
          I'll teach you, and you'll teach me
          PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all
          POKEMON!
          I don't know many lyrics, so when I sing it to my son it goes like this:

PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all
          PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all
          PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all
          PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all
          PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all
          PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all
          PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all
          PO-KAYYYY-MON
          Gotta catch em all

POKEMON!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I don't know many lyrics, so when I sing it to my son it goes like this:

PO-KAYYYY-MON
            Gotta catch em all
            PO-KAYYYY-MON
            Gotta catch em all
            PO-KAYYYY-MON
            Gotta catch em all
            PO-KAYYYY-MON
            Gotta catch em all
            PO-KAYYYY-MON
            Gotta catch em all
            PO-KAYYYY-MON
            Gotta catch em all
            PO-KAYYYY-MON
            Gotta catch em all
            PO-KAYYYY-MON
            Gotta catch em all

POKEMON!
            you teach me and i'll teach you Pokkkkkeeeeeemon

Comment

ooooh you're my best friend in a world we must defend!

I grab and hug my son whilst cheesy rocking singing that lyric

Followed by an air grab

Comment

Why shouldn't you get dressed near a Pokémon?

He might

Peek at you.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Why shouldn't you get dressed near a Pokémon?

He might

Peek at you.
                  You nearly killed this thread with that

I've got a bit excited after watching the trailer below. Can anyone tell me if the series is any good? A good laugh with friends? Skills involved or best masher wins?

"SpikeChunsoft!"

Comment

Fire Pro is pure wrestling. Nothing comes close really other than the AKI Corp. N64 wrestling games. Nothing mashy about it at all, you have to depend on timing instead.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 03-07-2018, 23:46.

Comment

Fire Pro is the Street Fighter of the wrestling world, and as dave says nothing comes close other than the old AKi games and Spikes own 3D titles King of Colosseum series during the PS2 era. The PC version of world just about runs on my toaster of a PC so i'm set to get the PS4 version anyway and it's a nice treat to see they have put work into the sharing mode on the PS4 (all done via steam workshop on PC), getting the NJPW license and the addition of a FPWG style story/career mode which hasn't been seen since the PS1 game decades ago... along with rumors of them working on "management of the ring" mode a fan favorite from the GBA games.

also on a side note, i went to NJPW 1st event tour(only 2 stops) in the UK last sunday just outside manchester, mucking brilliant, Yano and Will Osprey being awesome, Okada vs Zack Sabre Jr was just something else, and crazy forearm and chopfest from Suzuki vs Ishi in the main event.
                      Last edited by Tobal; 04-07-2018, 00:16.

Comment

Sounds great. Best way to practice in the meantime? I think I have Premium X on my SNES Mini Classic. Is the CPU beatable in these games?

Comment

You can set the cpu lvl from the match set up screen. Lvl4(of 10) is best for a casual challenge. Px is a slower game to play than the current titles but it'll be enough to get basics of the timed grapples, conneting strikes, and working weak to strong moves together to get advantage in the grapple vs another player's attempt to counter with their own move or the auto counter kicking in depending on current player health and att vs dev stats and skill buffs.

Comment

EDF 4.1 on PS4 - this is a proper EDF, right? It's not an Insect Armageddon spinoff one? Paging [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] for this one. Thinking about picking up to play this weekend couch coop with a mate who'll be staying.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              EDF 4.1 on PS4 - this is a proper EDF, right? It's not an Insect Armageddon spinoff one? Paging @QualityChimp for this one. Thinking about picking up to play this weekend couch coop with a mate who'll be staying.
                              Are you in the right thread and not the co-op one:

Either way, Earth Defense Force 4.1 is the updated version of the PS3/360 version of 2025 and it's the bee's knees.
                              Or rampaging hornet's knees.

It's what you're looking for.

Comment

I'm where I intended to post, but if you want to move it I'm fine with that. That's answered my question though, thanks QC!

Comment

Working...
                                X