General gaming questions that aren't thread worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Are Kirby games for kids? I picked up Kirby Star Allies on Switch yesterday, my first Kirby game no less, turned it off after half an hour and straight on eBay with it. Felt like a game for toddlers. Hated it.
    Maybe you're just unreasonably good at video games.

Comment

Dumbing down in recent years perhaps.

Comment

Kirby has always been easy.

Comment

Are the GameCube Star Fox games any good? They're the only ones I've never tried.

Comment

Assault it good, Adventures is not.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Maybe you're just unreasonably good at video games.
              Definitely not. Perhaps, like many Nintendo games, it begins incredibly easy but provides a challenge by the end. I dunno. Sold it now anyways. Not my cuppa tea.

Comment

Kirby games are really ridiculously easy, even if their central gameplay mechanics are generally solid. I think they're definitely made with a younger audience in mind.

I tend to think of Kirby games as the easiest, then Yoshi games, then Mario, and the DKC games tend to be the most challenging and hardcore, especially if you want to do everything. The time trials in DKC Returns on Wii were ridiculously tough.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                  Kirby has always been easy.
                  Yeah; I thought the whole point of Kirby was that the platformers were easier than Mario. Then both Kirby and Yoshi are safe platforms for Nintendo to try their off-the-wall ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Assault it good, Adventures is not.
                    I think Adventures is a serviceable game; just it hasn't aged well.

If you're interested in videogame development, it offers something quite curious - it's a transitional game from N64 to GameCube (one of a few) and it shows. Some of the characters are incredibly detailed, but some of the environments are absolutely dire.

Comment

Just picked up a mad catz capcom arcade stick for the Wii. It’s had a fair bit of use and I find the buttons are super sensitive to input, often triggering with the lightest pressure.

Some review say this is how the stick is now the question is should I just upgrade the parts as apparently that’s what it was made to do or return it? For reference it was £50 and they are going for £100 on average new.

What say?

*edit* sanwa buttons and stick for £15? They real?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcade-DIY-Kits-Parts-USB-PC-Encoder-Replace-China-Sanwa-Stick-and-Sanwa-Buttons/401420230431?
                      Last edited by replicashooter; 23-05-2018, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                        *edit* sanwa buttons and stick for £15? They real?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcade-DIY-.../401420230431?
                        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                          Nope.
                          Any idea if these clones are serviceable or if they are just crap?

Comment

No idea I'm afraid, but given the price and (with no offence to any Chinese forumites who may be browsing) the fact they're Chinese imitations, I'd guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                              No idea I'm afraid, but given the price and (with no offence to any Chinese forumites who may be browsing) the fact they're Chinese imitations, I'd guess not.
                              Missing the irony that the originals are almost certainly manufactured in China in the first place.

This message was typed on a Chinese manufacturered iPhone8

Comment

Yeah, but it's more that they're not genuine than the fact they're made in China.

Comment

Working...
                                X