No announcement yet.

General gaming questions that aren't thread worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Yep. I can't do competitive FPS multiplayer anymore. Don't have the cockroach-level of reflexes required. Like you I still try from time to time and enjoy the occasional good patch, but on the whole I'm an embarrassment.

Comment

I'm pretty much the same speed as I always was, I just need a few games to ramp up my speed as I jump genres and titles so often but I'm soon at a similar level as I've always been.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
        A question for older gamers: have you noticed your reactions are not what they were and has it changed your taste in games?
        Not for single-player games. If anything I'm always improving (37 yrs old). I can put Bayonetta down for well over a year, and then after around five minutes warm-up I'm back where I left off.

Competitive gaming is different however. More ninjas because more addicts because more incentives who play absolutely nothing other than the game in question in the hopes of becoming legitimately pro. It's very hard for me to play casually for fun - I only have fun if I'm winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I also have an thumb injury sustained snowboarding in the late 90s. Hasn't stopped me playing games or the guitar. It's good physio
          I also have a thumb injury but it hasn't stopped me from hitching a lift or liking posts...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            I'm pretty much the same speed as I always was, I just need a few games to ramp up my speed as I jump genres and titles so often but I'm soon at a similar level as I've always been.
            Yeah, this is a weird one for me. I have generally improved even into my 30s; I'm much better at fighters now than when I was 18.

That being said, the big test will come with DOA6. Back in the DOA4 days I was pretty good with the counter system, but that was ~12 years ago. I'm curious if I can still be as good with it as I once was.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              I only have fun if I'm winning.
              Haha. I set a similar condition in that I only have fun if I'm playing well or if it's a team game when my team are playing well.

Comment

Anybody here play PES2018 (and soon 2019) on PS4? I am looking for Co-Op and/or Friendly match buddies. It's my most played game and I'm getting a bit bored playing randoms. Let me know guy.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Not for single-player games. If anything I'm always improving (37 yrs old). I can put Bayonetta down for well over a year, and then after around five minutes warm-up I'm back where I left off.

Competitive gaming is different however. More ninjas because more addicts because more incentives who play absolutely nothing other than the game in question in the hopes of becoming legitimately pro. It's very hard for me to play casually for fun - I only have fun if I'm winning.
                  Yeah but do you get anything from an empty victory? If I'm playing someone at a fighting game and I know I'm better than them then I feel absolutely no satisfaction in winning to the point that I'd rather just not play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Yeah but do you get anything from an empty victory? If I'm playing someone at a fighting game and I know I'm better than them then I feel absolutely no satisfaction in winning to the point that I'd rather just not play the game.
                    Absolutely not. I like winning against equally matched opponents.

I've just unlocked ranked mode on SC2, so once my placement matches are done I'll see how far I can climb before inevitably moving to another game.

Comment

IGN's Review Removed Due to Claims of Plagiarism

"At some point, any major journalism site is going to come into some form of issue with plagiarism. Today IGN got that when their video review of Dead Cells was, at points, word for word copies of a Boomstick Gaming YouTube review from a week earlier, and at the other points minor differences in them.

IGN has since removed their review with a notice that they are investigating the issue.

N4G's policy is to remove plagiarized content, and we have. If the source refuses to remove it or doesn't take note of it, we tend to ban them as well. Luckily, IGN has recognizing the issue and, hopefully, is taking the necessary measures to prevent it from happening again as well as recognizing the seriousness of the offense."

I just copied all of that.

Comment

That game looks pretty good. Anyone tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          That game looks pretty good. Anyone tried it?
                          IGN haven't...

Comment

Guys help.

I'm sure there's a Metroidvania game coming out this or next month on either Switch or PS4. I can't remember. I forgot to list it in my want list. I don't think it was Dead Cells, which isn't strictly a MV anyway.

Any ideas? Going cwazy over here guy.

Comment

The Messenger?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                Guys help.

I'm sure there's a Metroidvania game coming out this or next month on either Switch or PS4. I can't remember. I forgot to list it in my want list. I don't think it was Dead Cells, which isn't strictly a MV anyway.

Any ideas? Going cwazy over here guy.
                                Chasm?

Guacamelee 2?

Comment

Working...
                                X