Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridiculous things you're too lazy to sort out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been registered with a gp for more than 2 years. I am rectifying that right now (stood outside the surgery,which is closed til half 1 for some reason). This thread forced me into action.

Comment

The loose seal on the rear passenger door of the car. Still not fixed it despite having the adhesive

Comment

Just clocked House Of The Dead Overkill in my gaming pile, reminds me how much I wasted the PS Move controller charlesr (I think) recommended Child Of Eden with a Move and I wanted House Of The Dead IV so I bought a Move and loads of compatible games and....

....I used it once. Once. I'm gonna have to use it, got pretty much most of the games that use it...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          The loose seal on the rear passenger door of the car. Still not fixed it despite having the adhesive

Comment

My washing machine broke down a few years ago. Been too lazy to order a replacement so have been hand washing my clothes ever since. Talk about an idiotic form of laziness. Its creating far more work. What a moron!

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
              My washing machine broke down a few years ago. Been too lazy to order a replacement so have been hand washing my clothes ever since. Talk about an idiotic form of laziness. Its creating far more work. What a moron!
              Nothing you say surprises me anymore zen monkey

Comment

Five months at least, still not glued that door seal on the car

Comment

The hippy attitude towards spelling, grammar and punctuation spills over into other aspects of life.

Comment

I tend to write a journal of my travels when I go abroad, it serves as a nice reminder of what I got up to when I look back at it I n a few years time.

However, I recently went to Italy, not long followed by trip to Ireland and soon to be followed up with a trip to Bulgaria, then later in the year Lithuania and Switzerland...

But I really can not be bothered to write about what I got up to in my last two trips... it’s something I will need to sort out, if I don’t want to fall too far behind.

Thing is, when I do get a spare 30 minutes in the day (very rare) last thing I want to do is retrospectively write up my experiences in the last few months, regardless of how much fun it was...

Really wish I could use a cheat code or something to do my writing for me. Btw it is not typed, but hand written, I like to be authentic, which makes it ever more laborious!

Comment

Selling my videogames. It's going slower than expected. Need to sort out things faster.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                        Selling my videogames. It's going slower than expected. Need to sort out things faster.
                        Same here. My PCBs have taken over the house. Can't have over 100 corstat boxes measuring 7x40x31cm (and 10x40x31 for double layer PCBs) stacked everywhere!

Need to only keep what's been played regularly.

Comment

On the other end of the spectrum, going to my parents and collect all videogames I've left with them before moving to Switzerland.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            The hippy attitude towards spelling, grammar and punctuation spills over into other aspects of life.
                            I don't consider myself hippy-like but I can understand why others might think so. I have standards, especially when it comes to behaviour, but the only person I expect to meet them is myself - and I'm always coming up short and disappointing myself . But that's okay. It's the trying that matters. The effort. The sincerity.

I have my own silly expectations too, not in regards to grammar obviously - we've established that , but in plenty of other areas. But I don't confuse them with the way things should be. It's impossible not to dream up standards, that's the nature of our minds, we want to be certain, we want fixed points, but they're just imaginings. Nothing more than thoughts, ideas and feelings in a tiny head. They have no existential substantiality. The world's in the state it's in because people don't realise that. People fix on an idea and think "this is how it should be", "this is the best way", "all other ways are wrong". They do it with religion, with philosophy, with politics, with race, with grammar, with videogames, with everything. Sleepwalkers one and all. We can't stop the dream but we can realise it is only a dream and enjoy it.

That got too heavy towards the end, too serious, so here's a joke:

Two old friends met for dinner.

"How's that husband of yours? Is he still unemployed?"

"No, no, not anymore."

"Oh well some good news at least. What does he do now?"

"Now he meditates."

"Meditates! What's that?"

"I'm not sure, but it's better than sitting around doing nothing."

Comment

This all sounds a bit postmodern and anarchic to me.

What are the ‘way things should be’? Considering you use them as a counterpoint to the fluidity of the thinker’s personal charter. Not having a pop - just interested.

Comment

I need to swap the direction of our fridge door. It’ll take about ten minutes, but I just never bother with it.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X