Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridiculous things you're too lazy to sort out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous things you're too lazy to sort out.

I need to procrastinate, but I'll do it tomorrow.

There's loads of things that I put up with that I just get used to and never get around to sorting.

For example:
    The bathroom door won't close, so we just use a door stop.
    My Internet Explorer doesn't work at the office, so I just remote desktop onto a server to use that one.
    My phone's screen protector has cracked and I have a spare, but I don't want to faff about changing it.

What preposterous things do you tolerate that you really should sort out but it's so minor you've not bothered and just got used to it?

Painting the bathroom ceiling... two years and counting.

Comment

Not so much stuff that needs fixing, or putting together or anything like that, but cooking. I will procrastinate on dinner till the point it’s too late and I don’t eat, like every day. It’s not that i can’t/crap cook. I just detest doing it after work, even the thought of “what shall we do for dinner” fills me with boredom.

Comment

I haven't gotten my work password reset and it's been locked out since before Christmas.

Comment

Getting married.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Pretty much anything I have to do besides work.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Pretty much anything I have to do besides work.
              Even that is touch and go!

Comment

Yeah, I'm an "anything except for work" guy. I run my studio and make decisions every second of every day and I'm efficient and very capable. At home, I will drop into fetal position and cry at the suggestion that I'd have to call for a pizza.

Comment

- Sorting out all my pics across many hard drives (camera taken pics)
                  - Sorting out all the data I have in general across many hard drives (again!)

Comment

Getting divorced

Comment

- Transfer some crap (proabably mainly photos) from my old pc to my new. The unit of the old one is sat behind me and has done for around a year now
                      - Try and fix / find out what is wrong with my sewing machine. I was making a cosplay outfit over 2 years ago when it decided not to stitch properly. I cleaned it out and have had it out about 5 times trying to work out what is up with it only for about 20 mins before giving up. I have many unfinished projects stored about the house and materials to start planned ones and try and get better at sewing!
                      - Sort my pension. I have a new one since about a year ago from where I work. For the last 3 years i have been paying £20 a month into one my old care job opened up about 3 months before I quit. I need to transfer from my old and into my new (and pay additionally into my new).
                      Tried to trace my old teaching pension I paid into years ago but I have no idea how to get it (I got little help back).
                      -Lose weight. I suck at it, I'm so goddamned lazy and I like eating stuff at lunch and dinner time.

Comment

I've been paying into the medical fund for years and I've never claimed, despite being skint, it just feels like a hassle and I keep forgettin' like Michael McDonald.

Probably spent about £500+ on specs n dental work the last 8 months and I've got the receipts stashed somewhere, ready to cash. But I just never get around to it. Sucka.

Comment

The ****ing garden. Anyone wanna come and cut my grass?

Comment

I have lived in my flat for over five years. The heating has never worked.

The hinge on my bedroom window's been broken for about two years, meaning you either take the whole thing out or leave it fixed in a closed position.

I did *try* and sort the window once, but the guys who came and promised to seek out the part and provide a quote never did, and I couldn't be fussed to chase them.

Comment

lol I'm so glad everyone else is like me.

When it comes to work, yup, I'm on it. Everything else, no. My hallway is painted half one colour, half another. Most of the radiators in my flat have needed bleeding all winter. Various lightbulbs need replacing. I'm a terrible householder, basically!

Yet at the same time, I've found recent Blu-Rays omit DD5.1 or DTS tracks so buying a new amp has become a top priority and I've invested at least 5 hours research in it. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                              X