Games that feature other games as unlockables, etcetera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games that feature other games as unlockables, etcetera

This has always been something I find cool, there's something weirdly joyous I find about a game like 360 Splatterhouse containing Splatterhouses 1-3, even on crappy games like Megadrive Pitfall, it had a version of the original hidden away in it. Cool!

But there's no definitive list. And I want to know about more games that have such joys contained within. And I hope it's not just me who finds this cool, otherwise this thread will be dead like Gandhi. And all you former Saturn Owners speak fondly of Death Tank.

I'd also like to include 'notable mentions' like Tiny Phalanx on PS1 Zero Divide or the Fantasy Zone minigame in Arnold Palmer's Tournament Golf on MD. Even stuff like the arcade games in GTA and Fallout 4's Pip-Boy.

I'll kick off with a few I more I own or know of, just a few for now cos I'm knackered and worked out and bifta-d out and I can't think for tiredness:

Ninja Gaiden Xbox has the NES originals on it
    Ninja Gaiden Black has the arcade game
    Final Fight Streetwise has a shat version of arc FF.

Geometry Wars on Xbox PGR2

Obviously Shenmue. Shenmue 2 if you want the footlong.

I'm tired now and my brain is waning, if it's interesting, please post.

How about these dudes?

Comment

Yeah, I know of most of those, I just thought you guys might have a greater knowledge of more arcane gaming information, it's amazing what often isn't documented on the net.

Comment

Most recent one would be that Golf game someone found is hidden within Nintendo Switch's

Comment

There's a rumor that The Order 1886 has a game hidden inside it...

Comment

dynamite cop2 on DC comes with 2 unlocks for old sega arcade games, I think it was submarine hunt and some safari themed pacman like game.

Mortal kombat 2 had some sinistar like game in it.

Panzer Dragoon Orta had i think pd1 in it (could be 2)

Comment

I think Excitebike64 had the NES version

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                There's a rumor that The Order 1886 has a game hidden inside it...
                Lol this is genius

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  Ninja Gaiden Xbox has the NES originals on it
                  I've been informed it's actually the SNES Nintendo Gaiden Trilogy that is included, not the NES versions.

Animal Crossing (Gamecube) had a ton of NES games included, Super Mario, Ice Climbers, Zelda and many more:
                  NES Games are in-game games that appear in Animal Forest, Animal Forest+, Animal Crossing, and Animal Forest e+. They are games that appeared on the Nintendo Entertainment System and can be played just as if they were the original. Some can be won at Tom Nook's lottery, while others are obtained as promotional items from a special memory card found in certain Animal Crossing games. Nintendo e-Cards also have a few NES games available for Animal Crossing. Balloon Fight Clu Clu Land Donkey Kong Do

Elevator Action Returns on Saturn had the original on it

Panzer Orta had the original on it.

Fight Night Round 2 on Gamecube had Super Punch out

Star Fox: Assault had NES Xevious (Japanese version also had Battle City and Star Luster)

PS3 & 360 Splatter House, included the original three games

Comment

Forgot about Orta and Fight Night Round 2, what a cool extra for 'Cube owners and the original Panzer was always a beautifully alluring extra to me, just a pity my fave (Zwei) wasn't included. SEGA used to do some damn cool extras.

Never knew about it being the SNES Ninja Gaidens (see, I make a thread to learn and I learn). I'm glad, I always wanted the SNES version as I found NES Ninja Gaiden very hard to play and get absorbed in due to the horrible graphics. I really didn't like how NES graphics look, still don't, there are loadsa great games but I have to Try, so hard to get past or feel atmos for those damn ugly graphics. The SNES, however, is very pleasing to thine eye, I could probably enjoy it that way

Comment

Die Hard Arcade had deep Scan on it

Return to Castle Wolfenstein had the original Wolfenstein game in it when you finished the game

House of the dead III had HOTD II on it.

Comment

Xbox unlockables were great because you could just load the XBE file using Avalaunch or whatever instead of actually putting the work in

Comment

I think Maniac Mansion was hidden inside Day of the Tentacle. On a computer I think.

Comment

That's also one hell of an extra!

I know Outrun 2 has extras, arcade Outrun or Turbo? And that or C2C has some tracks from Scud Race in, I've played the Scud tracks but never unlocked the arcade games as I played the PS2 version mostly (which has no unlockable games, iirc).

Goemon 1 has a Gradius minigame, Goemon 2 has a little Xexex game in it.

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time on PS2/OGXB/GC contains the original POP. XB version is also said to house POP2 as well, however I got stuck on one boss and rage quit it years back so never got to unlock em.

Comment

Xevious was in RR7.

Comment

Working...
                              X