This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played a bit more No Man's Sky.

I got to a point where I was waiting in the space station's hangar, waiting for ships to arrive so I could compare the prices they were selling stuff to the station's buying price. Every seller was more expensive, so my dreams of a get rich quick scheme blasted off into the infinite.

As I sighed with frustration and boredom, I realised I wasn't really having fun so knocked it on the head to watch Stranger Things.

I couldn't face the thought of flying back down to the planet to mine some more stuff to sell and mine some additional stuff top fuel the take off to get back up again.

I might wait for the NEXT update and try again, but the mining treadmill with a ridiculously small inventory wasn't enticing me.

I think I'll try State of Decay 2 whilst I've got the Games Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I got to a point where I was waiting in the space station's hangar, waiting for ships to arrive so I could compare the prices they were selling stuff to the station's buying price. Every seller was more expensive, so my dreams of a get rich quick scheme blasted off into the infinite.

As I sighed with frustration and boredom, I realised I wasn't really having fun so knocked it on the head to watch Stranger Things.

I couldn't face the thought of flying back down to the planet to mine some more stuff to sell and mine some additional stuff top fuel the take off to get back up again.

I might wait for the NEXT update and try again, but the mining treadmill with a ridiculously small inventory wasn't enticing me.

NMS needed an massive inventory as far as I was concerned. Not infinite but big enough that you don’t need to worry about it until you need ridiculous amounts of readources for things like building a space station later in game.

I saw this within the first 20 mins of play and never picked it up again, I’m just not doing it.

Comment

A spot of ONRUSH; very good

Comment

You need to fly around one planet and look for pods, they contain inventory upgrades!
          Also you can move items to your ship if you are in range.

Comment

More Skyrim VR. You can poke your head through every door to see what's on the other side before you go in

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              You need to fly around one planet and look for pods, they contain inventory upgrades!
              Also you can move items to your ship if you are in range.
              Mate, every inventory slot was full - suit and ship.
              Found some pods, couldn't fix them because I needed more components, but I couldn't get them because my inventory was full!

It totally cripples the start game. I could have dumped something or flown to the space station to sell some stuff, but that takes time and resources to do.

In Minecraft, you can craft a chest or a double chest. You can keep making new chests when they're full.
              It makes sense to have a finite space on your person, but they could have said your ship has TARDIS tech or your ship's hull is actually a teleporter to a warehouse on a planet or it shrinks it down or ANY sci-fi trope to resolve that I don't want to play any more because I can't carry any more than about 25 things at the same time.

I really want to like the game and I could happily wander around a planet for hours, just Hoovering up resources and exploring, but that grinds to a standstill when you can't pick anything else up!

So instead, last night, I went on the Xbox One to play State of Decay 2.
              I didn't have it, so I had to wait for it to download. (I don't trust the whole "I'm 43% downloaded, you can start playing now!")

Whilst waiting, I fired up Left 4 Dead 2 , which I'd installed last time I'd turned it on.
              Man, this is still a great game!
              Did the fairground level, but never quite managed to finish it. Played in full games too, so it still has an audience.

I realised I didn't have my L4D2 saves and I've been meaning to move them over to cloud storage.
              The rest of my night comprised of me fighting with the 360 to connect to WiFi (used the cable in the PS3 in the end), updating the 360 and starting to copy saves.

Oh man, it was tedious. I gave up at about Beautiful Katamari, so I have a way to go yet!

Comment

Left 4 Dead 2
                [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] Hawk, have you played this, yet?

Comment

I've decided to sell the Xbox. I just haven't been playing it. Plus my son is getting an unhealthy addiction to Hello Neighbor which is also giving him nightmares. I made a mistake selling my Switch to get this. H1Z1 has filled the pubg void. Pokémon is coming!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    I've decided to sell the Xbox. I just haven't been playing it. Plus my son is getting an unhealthy addiction to Hello Neighbor which is also giving him nightmares. I made a mistake selling my Switch to get this. H1Z1 has filled the pubg void. Pokémon is coming!
                    Fair enough, mate. I appear to be flim-flamming across the consoles at the minute.
                    I'm pretty sure we can play together if you still have a 360?

I had to look up Hello Neighbour and H1Z1! How old is your son? Mine is currently confined to Stardew Valley as he's 7.

Comment

The flatworm Leucochloridium paradoxum spends part of its life in snails. But to reproduce, it needs to be in the gut of a bird.

So it needs to get one host eaten by another host.

Leucochloridium takes a double route. First, it controls the behaviour of the snail – driving it to the exposed topside of leaves, where it can easily be spotted by birds.

Second, it does something completely disgusting: It creates a large brood sac inside the eye-stalk of the snail, and pushes its larvae into it, one after another. The larvae twitch and wriggle inside the eye, making it look (to birds, apparently) like a tasty caterpillar, where the bulging eye sacs are torn off by hungry birds.

So...

In gaming news, I've been playing an invasive parasite that takes over the mind of its victim, controlling the body and using it to their will, sometimes to progress their life, sometimes purely to kill its host by driving it into dangerous hazards, but either way, once the parasite has finished with its subject, it discards the body without any remorse and goes on to seek out yet another host to further its horrific, selfish mission of self-preservation and hopefully, eventual procreation.

Here is a picture of this horrific, invasive and destructive parasite.
                      I've spoilered it because it's NSFW:

Comment

I'm likely to flim-flam around bits this weekend, PC is cluttered with all sorts so I'll just dabble and clear out what's short or not worthwhile

Comment

No, I don't have a 360. Would you be interested in H1Z1? It's free and quite fun.

My son is also 7. I'm hoping to get him into Pokémon.

Comment

What are you playing H1Z1 on? The PS4?

Comment

God of war on PS4 and on mobile plants vs zombies 2 / mini golf King

Comment

Started Dark Souls 3. Took me about an hour to get into the flow but now I'm loving it. Went deprived with no gift but I appear to be building a dex based sword wielding badass. Not getting hung up on doing things correctly, just trying things out as I go along. The magic of the original Demon's souls seems to be here. Can't wait to get back to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X