X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    A bit of Touch My Katamari (Vita).
    Such a great series. Needs reinvigorating somehow.
    I remember many moons ago when I worked at PlayStation submissions and I had the labourious (amazing) job of finishing We Love Katamari on PS2 in multiple languages. Off the back of this, I imported the previous version, soundtrack and every other future release!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Such a great series. Needs reinvigorating somehow.
      I remember many moons ago when I worked at PlayStation submissions and I had the labourious (amazing) job of finishing We Love Katamari on PS2 in multiple languages. Off the back of this, I imported the previous version, soundtrack and every other future release!
      Ha, great story!

It's such a lovely game. I'm really happy my son keeps asking to play it.

I dug out the 360 Katamari and put it in the One. Urgh it's not backwards compatible.
      Put it in the 360 and it's still doing the pad drop out thing, hence me posting the want for a wired pad.

Comment

Touch My Katamari is great. The PSP one was fun too, but the controls were pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          A shop near me is selling a Vita 1000 for £35 in reasonable condition. I'm seriously considering taking the plunge for emulators, especially since it has the d-pad right where I like it.
          I'm tempted to ask where that shop is. That's a great price tbh and I'd be tempted to get a 2nd one in order to run homebrew or have it as a Vita for my Japanese PSN account.

In the meantime I've been playing more SFV: AE. I'm a sucker who's bought the occasional costume but it at least allows playing as different characters to feel a little fresh again. I enjoy the gameplay in general though, even if the hits feel a little slow occasionally and throws seem to have priority over almost all moves.

I also picked up the Ultimate Edition of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero on the weekend. Gave it a whirl last night and the game has a very vibrant and colourful style to it. The music is also great (I'm guessing Jake Kaufman's returned for composing duties with this one).

Comment

EX Troopers - PS3
            Really like the art style and fluid movement so far, hope to see a few more enemy types and environments soon though

Dark Sector - PS3
            Gave this a good few hours, got up to chapter 6. Despite being a bit buggy and glitchy i found the idea and execution of the glaive enjoyable (forerunner of god of war hammer maybe....) Not sure if i will persist with this though, feel like i have seen most of whats to come already

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I'm tempted to ask where that shop is. That's a great price tbh and I'd be tempted to get a 2nd one in order to run homebrew or have it as a Vita for my Japanese PSN account.
              It's a shop in Tokyo. I decided against it because it had no accessories and the 1000 uses its own connector but I'll wait until the weekend and reevaluate my apparent good fortune

Comment

Been playing Battlefield 1 and Master Chief collection in 4K on the XBox One X. Seriously impressive ..

Comment

Tried TxK on the Vita.
                  I couldn't get my head around the controls, but it felt like I was in a rave.
                  I'm away for a few days (with no internet! Caveman.gif), so I've been stocking it with games ready.
                  Going to get Minecraft from CEX whilst I'm away. I think that'd be ace on the Vita.

Comment

Some great ps4 stuff atm

Onrush, gt sport, red faction, and of course TF2.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I've been on God of War and I'm a bit conflicted.

It's beautiful and engrossing and brilliantly seamless how it flows between action and plot.

However, I've been finding it a bit tough. Not pad-throwingly so, but enough for me to complain to the screen and know when to turn it off.
                      I struggled with an early boss fight. I had lock-on issues which I've sussed, but not been impressed with the system. If you've got enemies spawning behind you, you should be able to lock-on with a click, rather than need line-of-sight.
                      I also struggled with a tough, two-hit enemy, but he was spawning in a tight area and despite X-ing around his slow attacks, I was still dying.

I've turned the difficulty down from "story and challenge" to "story", but I feel like I'm wimping out.

I'm not sure if I should persevere and get frustrated a lot or just enjoy the story and the experience?

Don't ask dataDave, I know what he'll say, he loves the challenge!
                      I think the game has some balancing issues early on, the game doesn't explain combat very well and enemies can be infuriating.
                      It calms down as you get to grips with it and as you level up.

Comment

Uncharted 4. Bit meh if I'm honest. Think I'm burnt out on these games. Last of us was much better I thought. I'll finish it no doubt. Feels like it's taken some cues from mgs5, or maybe it's the other way around?

Comment

I thought Uncharted 4 was way overrated. I remember just wanting it to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Uncharted 4. Bit meh if I'm honest. Think I'm burnt out on these games. Last of us was much better I thought. I'll finish it no doubt. Feels like it's taken some cues from mgs5, or maybe it's the other way around?
                            Brad, thanks for playing Uncharted 4. Your PSN popped up on my dash yesterday when I switched my PS4 on, and it showed that you were playing the recent ‘hits version’ of it. Not s big deal but, it was just suprising to see that PSN recognised which version of the game people were playing. Obviously purists might have an issue with this, but it was still interesting to see

For me, I’ve gone a bit retro lately, I’ve been playing the mega drive collection and now the street fighter collection on the PS4. In a couple of weeks time, I can see me continuing this trip down memory lane with Shenmue 1&2 arriving...

Talk about buying the same things over and over again...

Comment

I'm not playing the hits version. Dunno why it said that. I never have budget releases of physical games, it feels dirty!

Comment

Really getting into GT sport - it’s now finally a great package

Comment

Working...
                                X