X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Why's the PC version a mess?

I've found that it doesn't scale up very well. Despite all sliders being set to maximum it still looks like a PS3 game. It still plays alright, though.

I really should get around to playing it properly. I'd like to smash both Rage2 and Doom: Eternal next year, if only to give my GPU some work.

I don't have it on PC so I was going off videos such as the above - @43 seconds in for PC Version specific section (not long)

The creator talks about the lack of options, having to install iD tweaker if you want to tweak performance and a very unstable game which (for him) crashing constantly. I remember John Carmack had to apologise for the state of the PC game all those years ago. Coupled with that even a look on places like Steam forums reveals lots of people suffering from crashes etc.

I don't know it feels a 'messy' port, more Borderlands 1 than Borderlands 2.

That being said, it being 'free' on GamePass was more of an incentive to try it as I had never got around to buying it on PC.

Comment

Did the high res mega texture packs ever get released for the pc?

Comment

I can’t believe some of the junk being remastered, when Rage would sit perfectly on a pro or x....

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          Did the high res mega texture packs ever get released for the pc?
          I can't speak from experience but it sounds to me like a workaround/fix rather than anything you enable in-game, although they are 'there'.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          I can’t believe some of the junk being remastered, when Rage would sit perfectly on a pro or x....
          At the very least it feels like a great candidate for being Xbox One X enhanced.

Comment

I did a bit of Rage a while back (I need to go back and finish it) on PC a bit back and it ran pretty flawlessly. It's held back a little by the grain filters and the general look of the game that in places can make it feel like the geometry is a bit simple compared to more modern fps but it played very smoothly.

Week time play is back and it's:

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session - For the Easy playthrough before a break I'm down to just needing to work through the Pop selection so maybe another morning or two but I'm through all the less likeable tracks now.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - When I replayed Returns after a few years it was a better experience second time around. Same goes for this, I'm just starting the fifth Island and I've enjoyed it a lot more on this run, it's very easily a much better game than Returns too using a lot of learning from the past entry to make a better one here. I find it hard to put into words but despite enjoying it I still prefer the SNES trilogy... well, maybe the second and third games at the least. It's mostly a lot of small elements but it's a shame they seem unlikely to be making a trilogy closer of their own as a Switch entry with further progression from this one and ramped up visuals and locations could fully nail it.

Remothered - It's not that long and is pretty decently rated as a Clock Tower style homage of sorts but I'm struggling to get in the mindset for a game of this tone at the moment. Going to give it a push though this week.

Burnout Paradise Remastered - PC version should be unlocked now, would be rude not to.

If I finish DKC5 or Taiko I think the next Switch game will be the Telltale Batman release so I can finally get through the second season on PC

Comment

Sky Force Anniversary (blasted away @Superman Fall's high score ages ago. Must've played only the first level).
              Import Tuner Challenge. Only put it on to test a new joypad, but ended up racing loads of chumps.
              Elevator Action Returns. Tested it on my Coinops box.
              Empire City 1931. Next to the above game in the ROM list, so had a go at that. Loved the old Tommy Gun cab.
              Marvel Puzzle Quest. The only mobile game I regularly play.
              Super Mario Odyssey. Got a bunch of moons and it unlocked the last level. Yikes, it's tough! I had the assist mode on because although I want to play it properly, my son gets bored watching me die loads!

Comment

Started Telltale Batman, chugging through Ep1 and already is suffers from a Telltale problem of there being no gameplay. You have occasion button prompts but I've missed them or pressed the wrong button and nothing happened, it carried on regardless. Will see if the story is okay but I hope this 'new' mindset at Telltale means a new approach to gameplay as well as game engine.

This weekend is also about starting Vampyr

Comment

Rez Infinite, Wipeout and Dark Souls III pvp/co-op.

Oh, and a little splatfest in Splatoon 2 last weekend. Got murdered. I usually do alright but the combination of being a little off my game and going up against players with a lot more skill was devastating. I think I won 2 matches out of 20 or someit like that.

Comment

Fallout 4.

"You should meet my son, not that he'd ever come up here"
                    *Looks at character to woman's left*
                    It's her son.

I'm done with the jank. Currently downloading all 60gigs of dragon age inquisition. I have a wired 80gbs connection and it's going to take 6 hours.

Comment

God of War. Oh my. I don’t need to waste anyone’s time with all the gushing.

Comment

Aside from playing Metroid Prime in my retro corner (and sampling the arcade delights of the RetroPie) I wanted to play something on a current system on the new tv. God of War might have filled this space but I really didn't take to it (plus the Pro is SO (CAPS!!) loud it actually spoils the experience) ... so based on some of the comments on here I picked up The Witcher 3 GOTY on the way home from work the other day and so far so great. I know that because already I'm thinking about it when not playing and find myself squeezing in as many sessions in as I can.

Comment

Been playing F12018 on my XBox One X and it's one of the finest racing sims, ever made and the force feedback on the Logitech wheel is increabile

Comment

A bit further on DOOM. Beginning to like it more now I'm on the meatier enemies.

Comment

I've taken the Switch with me to the coast this weekend which has allowed me to get some time in on Fire Emblem Warriors and the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo. I think I'm enjoying the Switch's quirks more than the gaming itself (and the North East coast is pretty nice too).

Comment

I have been chipping away at Doom slowly. I was going to give up on it because it felt very samey but I dropped the difficulty level right down to the lowest to get through it quicker and that helps. I think I have little patience for shooty games any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X