Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done with Bullet Girls Phantasia and almost completed Ys VIII on the Switch. Keeping the 3DS by the PC to have a quikc go at WarioWare Gold once in a while. I'll probably move to Okami after that, just after popping in Captain Toad and see the Odyssey levels.

Comment

Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 today.

The Wii-U is wonderful.

Speaking of wonderful, The Wonderful 101 is a mere £7 here so I’m gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Wife wants Mario Maker so we’ll probably grab that, too, although I usuallyget bored of level editors.

Comment

Dark Souls 3.
        Need large titanite shards!
        I'm at the cathedral now, having to run past the gross maggot creatures and there's a twin blade wielding bastard who I can't beat but I can get past him ok. Need to tread carefully to get to the next area, lots of sneak attacks out to get me.

Great game.

Just started dragon age inquisition too. So far so good but only 20 minutes in so we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          Speaking of wonderful, The Wonderful 101 is a mere £7 here so I’m gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Comment

An hour of State Of Decay 2 on Xbone followed by me finally getting around to playing Trials Of The Blood Dragon, which was a GWG freebie much earlier in the year.

I'm a Trials lover, I think it's one of the very best games ever made, and this is like a "what if?" fantasy offshoot, you can shoot on yo bike, there are platform shooter bits and you can even control different craft on the Trials bits, so far I've had a phat, amphibious tank thing (which I crashed into a giant, Contra 3-styke veined heart) and a tiny, remote-controlled robot thing.

I've only been playing it like 45 mins, just got out of Vietnam and into Miami...which is full of glorious neon.

See it as a "what if" type of thing and get on with it, platform bits deffo aren't ace but crashing that amphibious tank thing into that veined heart brought a great cheesy broad grin to my ruddy fucn face.

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE.

Comment

The weekly weekend wrap up/week day routine roundup is here:

Vampyr: Pretty much done with it, whilst the experience is consistent it quickly grows boring and is very repetitive.
              BeamNG.drive: Played it for a while but soon it sets in that it's neither a very good representation of real physics or indeed fun.

This week it'll be a main focus on:

Batman - I think I'm approaching the climax of Ch1. So far a bit dull so we'll see...
              Mario Tennis Aces - Very early in the campaign, seems pretty solid so far
              Detroit: Become Human - In the post, so by the end of the week

Until then as well resuming my work through my PC letter B backlog

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Vampyr: Pretty much done with it, whilst the experience is consistent it quickly grows boring and is very repetitive.
                That's disappointing to hear ... I really wanted this to be 'good enough'.

Comment

For some I can imagine themselves getting lost in it enough but because it doesn't have the AAA weight behind it it means they've been probably too restricted in what they can do with the premise so you mostly go from A-B following the story and fights are more a brawler than something that utilises the vampire potential. If found on the cheap it's not bad, just doesn't go far enough.

Comment

I finished Doom. It’s a very well made game and delivers in a way Doom 3 didn’t. But personally I found much of it to be a chore mostly because I think I have lost all connection to shooting games. I don’t like the shooting and I find being attached more stressful than I should and this one is particularly frantic. So I found myself looking forward to the little breaks between battles, basically hoping not to encounter the central mechanic of the game. There is a funny bit late in the game where a character tells you that he can see you like to fight stuff and it brought home how the game just isn’t for me.

Which is weird because cut to a few years ago and I actually really enjoyed Doom 3. I think I’m getting old. I need a knitting game or something.

But I don’t have a bad word to say about Doom as a game. It’s very well done.

Comment

Got Blade Strangers for the PC, and not sure if its really my thing as fighting games go its really simplified with a dedicated special move button and super moves just require pressing certain buttons at the same time.

Comment

Dragon Age inquisition.
                        It's dumbed down massively from origins but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Much less jank than oblivion buy it's not immune, e.g. these synchronised horses

Comment

I'm the opposite with DOOM. The fighting bits are a bit too easy, mainly because it doesn't swamp you with enemies all at the same time and they come in waves instead. Once you've found the best way to dispatch of an enemy type it's simply repeated throughout. You're never challenged with a stack of foes that you need to compartmentalise into a sequence of dispatches, like what happens in the old games. If I die it's because something randomly warped in and smacked me from behind.

Outside of the fighting it's a game of 'follow the marker' to the next checkpoint.
                          Last edited by dataDave; 29-08-2018, 06:51.

Comment

Yoshi's Woolly World

Lovely stuff, but the colour scheme is a bit garish.

Comment

Weekends arriving so play over the next day or two will be split between:

Detroit: Become Human - The main focus, 20% in at the moment so should make good progress with more time to commit to it
                              Betrayer - The next of the B backlog, heard it starts well but gets dull so may not last the course
                              Dark Souls Remastered - Playing it the same way as DS3, turning it into a walk along beat em up. So much more enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                I bought it and just started playing. It is literally wonderful.

So many brilliant touchesand great humour(getting told off for pausing the game!). The voice acting is decent, too(leaving it in English because it fits. Haven’t tried Japanese voices and probably won’t).

And it doesn’t feel like a hardcore game even though it is. I play it like a grandma and am managing ok for now.

The graphics are stunning, too.

I know people get upset when games like this don’t sell well because they’re not CoD but playing this, I really feel for guys like Platinum who clearly put a lot of thought into every aspect of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X