Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished FarCry 5 yesterday evening. No spoilers here but I had quite the journey with the game. If you have any familiarity with the series it continues the social commentary mixed with outpost capturing, mission running and gunplay. It also looked damn pretty sometimes (maybe I'll take a trip to the Rookies or somewhere similar one day). Its worth a playthrough just to see how you interpret the game's content and characters (some may see it as piffle-paffle. I thought it was a pretty good effort).

Now I might move onto something that's a little bit lighter. Dragon Quest XI, Assassin's Creed Origins or Super Mario Galaxy? (I'm such a spoiled brat ; ))

Comment

Inquisition still. Starting to get Bethesda level janky now, with random book contents appearing out of nowhere and breaking dialog. Becoming clear that a bunch of the gameplay "systems" aren't really systems at all and your choices have no weight. Also, with my party all at around level 9 I appear to be indestructible; my controlled character barely even needs to join in the fight, I can just go around looting. Despite all this though I'm still playing.

Comment

Borrowed my mates Switch for Mario Odyssey.

No need to bother with all the gushing. EAD1 nocks another flawless game out the park.

Comment

This weekend it will be all about Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Comment

Had another blast on the latest Halo game, Destiny 2 I think it's called...

It's better than I initially thought and i also credited with the only game to convince me that my budget 4K TV's HDR claims actually hold any water. After turning HDR on I was pretty impressed with the visuals I must say. Too many mechanics and systems going on for my taste though and I also don't seem to be able to pause it, and it crashed.

Comment

Tried the Forza Horizon 4 demo. While it’s obviously not the full game it does seem pretty similar to part 3. The 60 FPS performance mode is a very nice addition to the series. The fluidity and weight of the cars handling is much improved. The McLaren Senna is a mighty bit of kit you can really feel the brakes haul the car up.
              Visually it’s hard to tell the 1080p and 2160p modes apart such is the amount of anti aliasing used.

Comment

Been playing Spider-Man (couldn’t avoid the hype train) and I just don’t get it. I never really feel in control and the combat feels like endless mashfests of auto pilot combos. It looks nice though (bar the low res cutscenes). Oh and it crashed once on me in one of those bioshock link puzzle games. Not that impressed. I would much rather have seen a new infamous game from insomniac. Need to put more time into it.

Also been giving v-rally 4 a rattle. Very Arcady experience. Kylotonn are getting there, but their racers are still a hotchpotch of weird physics, poor presentation and odd handling. This looks nice on the pro (looks to be around 1440p or higher). The career mode is *astard hard too, and it not easy to earn cash, with races giving small payouts for a win. I like to support the team though, as I think their output will be great at some point.

Oh, and it’s bog all to do with the earlier v-rally games either, other than the name.

also be playing GT Sport an project cars,which are both excellent.
                Last edited by dvdx2; 15-09-2018, 09:55.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  Been playing Spider-Man (couldn’t avoid the hype train) and I just don’t get it. I never really feel in control and the combat feels like endless mashfests of auto pilot combos. It looks nice though
                  My thoughts exactly. Demands as much from the player as all the other third-person Sony offerings. ie: Nothing.

Comment

What have I been playing? Nothing. Slammed around 130 hours of work this week despite being away for a short 'break'. If this carries on I'll have one Roadster 2.0 in each colour (and no time to drive any of them).

Comment

Final Fantasy VII on Vita. I reckon it's been 20 odd years since I played it on my OG playstation, it's as good as I recall so far though I'm only a few hours in.

Comment

Will be mostly focused on wrapping up Shadow of the Tomb Raider but for the Switch I've just started:

Last Day in June - This is already off to a very endearing start. It's the tale of a man and woman who live together in a little coastal village, living a quiet happy little life. She receives a present she plans to give him and sets them off to a scenic look out where she plans to present her present and to tell him they're expecting a baby together. Sitting out by the ocean together the sun sets on this last day in June and the heavens begin to open, they scurry to their car and decide to head back home. After the title screen the game opens at night with the man asleep in his armchair, he wakes and looks to the empty chair by his side before pulling around the wheelchair he is now bound to as he wanders the halls of his now lonely house.

The game is very limited on gameplay but broadly it seems to be based around him missing his significant other so much that he is drawn into his memories via her old paintings of the fellow villagers where he has the opportunity to change the events and to try and save her. Very simple but quite likeable so far.

Comment

A whole lotta Divinity Original Sin 2. What a game.

Bit of Splatoon 2 too.

Comment

My wife has a girl and her mum in for a wedding make up trial tonight, so I've retired upstairs with a beer and fired up the PS3 for the first time in a while. Just had two and a half hours of ridge racer 7 and Vanquish, still both utterly sublime.

Comment

My PS3 was sitting collecting dust when I got my PS4 a few months back. But recently I finally got round to setting up some shelves in the 'TV cabinet'(it's just a cabinet we put the TV on) and had the time of my life.

It also means I'm less likely to double-dip on PS4 upgrades unless they're ruddy good jobs like SotC.

I bought RR7 a little while ago and it's great fun. I doubt Namco will make such a pure, undiluted racer any time soon so all the more reason to enjoy it.

Comment

With the recent new releases out the way it's back to backlog so this weekend I'll be revisiting Rapture in Bioshock Remastered

My worktime NS play is going into replaying the main campaign of Splatoon 2 before getting around to the Octo Expansion

Comment

Working...
                                X