Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing some Destiny 2. I'm quite into it! I feel like I'm being swamped a bit though with the amount of stats like power, level, I've seen engrams mentioned, I don't know what half of the shiny things I pick up even are, why do I occasionally get my special ability power? Doesn't seem like a cooldown, it's more random than that. Anyway, I can look all that up I guess. Storytelling is about as good as Halo, which was fine back in the day but a bit lame by modern standards. All that said, I will be playing more of it

Comment

With the Life Is Strange talk, I went ahead and started episode one of 2. Fantastic so far. I’m already so attached to the characters and the writing seems excellent. Certainly the dialogue is a big step up over the original. And it looks lovely. Really great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Wow, I didn't expect quite the slow burn release schedule. I didn't buy the last one episodically so I have no point of reference ... I just assumed it was monthly. That's cool though ... if your prediction is correct then it's fine by me. The longer it lasts the better.

I haven't read anything about it. I had no idea it was set over a year. I didn't want my post to be spoilery, just to confirm that decisions do mean something and affect your experience, in a satisfying way too.
        I didn’t mean you, sorry, I meant general spoilers on my usual places especially when it comes to LiS.
        If anything me saying it was over a year was more spoiler territory than anything you posted, so I should apologise for that, sorry.

The series has earned my day one cash, I’ll gladly support these types of games and story based games over anything that’s, shall we say, a bit more mainstream in the charts.

May have to get a first play written up soon for some discussion and sharing those decisions.

Comment

The free prequel was good, it took very little time to get back into the LiS headset which was interesting as I did Before the Storm not long before it and BtS was just okay, lacking in a way.

The episodic model worked quite well with the first season though, made the cliffhangers really pay off

Comment

I thought Before The Storm was incredible. I loved it.

Comment

I enjoyed some of the fleshing out but I think I got caught up on the prequelitus issues that plague most prequels - little suspense because you know where the story is going and I already knew too much to feel either Chloe or Rachel would face any consequences, that and Rachel wasn't very likeable either. The ending was a little haunting but I'd have probably enjoyed it more playing it before LiS1

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                If anything me saying it was over a year was more spoiler territory than anything you posted, so I should apologise for that, sorry.
                Oh, it's nothing I'm normally mega sensitive to spoilers but that's not going to affect anything. Great to see others are enjoying the game

Comment

A bit more Sky Force (no more cards, so giving it a few days off), then I started Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and I've really got to change my decades of gaming instincts to switch from FPS action to interactive story.
                  I'm trying to jump, run, climb and pick up weapons, but that really not how the game works.

It's very pretty and is reflective of a tranquil English country village... but where is everyone?!

Comment

Castlevania SoTN via Retroarch on my Switch. Cause Capcom won’t let me buy it on the platform as they hate money.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      A bit more Sky Force (no more cards, so giving it a few days off), then I started Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and I've really got to change my decades of gaming instincts to switch from FPS action to interactive story.
                      I'm trying to jump, run, climb and pick up weapons, but that really not how the game works.

It's very pretty and is reflective of a tranquil English country village... but where is everyone?!
                      Skyforce is so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                        Castlevania SoTN via Retroarch on my Switch. Cause Capcom won’t let me buy it on the platform as they hate money.
                        #BoycottCapcomAndAlsoMaybeKonamiAndSonyButMostlyCa pcom

Comment

Retroarch looks like a great first version but the supposed risk to corrupted memory cards has kept me from giving it a whirl

Switch will get rested over the weekend as usual. I'm about half way through Bayonetta, very much enjoying it but it's a reminder as to why Bayonetta 2 felt a bit cheaply produced as the original recycles environments enough without the sequel doing it too. Also on the third of seven games in Capcom Beat Em Up Collection with Captain Commando probably finished this afternoon.

That means this weekend will be dedicated to Forza Horizon 4
                          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 05-10-2018, 08:53.

Comment

Divinity: original Sin 2. Sunk around 100 hours into it now. They say games are getting worse but I don't agree. Movies are getting worse. Music is getting worse. But games are getting better. Nostalgia clouds vision. But getting back to Divinity, it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's so good.

Comment

I forgot destiny was a bungie game. I’m playing it solo on default difficulty. Will it ever provide a challenge in this mode? I’m many missions in and about to hit level 9 and it’s like I’ve got god mode turned on. Ammo is essential infinite, no need to manage any of my gear, just put the highest numbers on when new bits drop. I’ve only died from falling off things lol, no enemies can kill me!

Comment

Senran Kagura Reflexions on the Switch which has really impressed my girlfriend! Is that a brick hun? Started playing EDF4.1 with her to ease the situation.

Also had a bit of a Vita spree, not played any of the physical ones yet though

Comment

Working...
                                X