Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was playing Konami's Aliens arcade game earlier on the Raspberry Pi and it plays great.

It was always expensive, 20p or 30p back in the day, thus I never played it much in the few arcades I saw it in (the cab wasn't around for long, it was there and then it vanished).

Very vivid game, many bits remind me of Contra 3, any of same devs involved??

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I just found it a nice little break from the norm of shooting stuff.

Like a sorbet to cleanse the palate between courses.

If you follow the lightning bolt, it'll guide you to the nearest plot point, which'll speed things up, but it's a pretty short game, anyway.

I liked rummaging through the abandoned houses like that bit in Come Dine With Me.
      Secretly disappointed I didn't find a secret stash of jazz mags.
      Nice dialogue QC....for a moment I thought it was jazzfunky in disguise!

Comment

Finished Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero last night. I figured I hadn’t given my One X any love for the past two or three weeks, so I decided to start both Gears of War 3 and Quantum Break. Taking a long break from Spider-Man. I really want to finish up MGS: The Twin Snakes soon as well but I hate the second Raven fight.

Also played loads of the Taiko no Tatsujin demo on Switch. I’m quite addicted to whatever the Namco original song is called.
        Last edited by Nico87; 13-10-2018, 22:55.

Comment

Picked up the first Overcooked on a whim for some co-op fun. Easily the most fun I've had in ages with a game.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I started Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last night after its been on the shelf for a while. I like the way the game looks, the world and the localisation (the main character sounding like he's from Lancashire is quite quirky). I'm not sure whether I like the game as a whole yet though. Maybe the combat needs to feel more involving and some of the cut scenes can be indulgent in their runtime. I'll keep playing though as it feels different to many JRPGs I've played in recent time. Perhaps it will improve as I get further in.

Comment

82% on Spider-Man so far, a few GP on MK8D and have the PSPgo charging for later on.

Comment

Currently sucked into the world of Okami on the switch, 14 hours have flown by and i have only just kicked Orochi's ass. Something magical about been able to play something like this portably, makes lunchbreaks at work go by in a flash.

Comment

I was trying to string some Stuntman: Ignition scenes, but decided that I'd just try and complete them instead.
                  I've strung the first film, then just played the others.
                  I've only got about 1 and a half films left. There are some great moments. I love the San Fran one with all the wah-wah guitar and chases down litter-strewn alleyways.

Some of them are pretty tough and you have to be on the ball not to have the scene cancelled for too many mistakes.

Love this game though.

Remember it's on Games with Gold this month, so download it ASAP if you fancy a blast on it.

Comment

Remember it's on Games with Gold this month, so download it ASAP if you fancy a blast on it.
                    Stuntman: Ignition
                    Available: 1st Oct - 15th Oct

Too late too late will be the cry, when the console with the bargains has passed you by.

Comment

I've never really connected with CoD before but I've been loving a bit of 'team death match' and 'free for all' in Black Ops 4. I'm not great at it but it's worth it for the odd genuine punch the air moment.

Ta for the heads-up on Stuntman Chimp, I'll be sure to d/l it.

EDIT: Too late, too late!!
                      Last edited by Atticus; 16-10-2018, 15:03.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        Stuntman: Ignition
                        Available: 1st Oct - 15th Oct

Too late too late will be the cry, when the console with the bargains has passed you by.
                        Beautiful and true.

Are you quoting the hymn or Lock, Stock?!
                        Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-10-2018, 15:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I've never really connected with CoD before but I've been loving a bit of 'team death match' and 'free for all' in Black Ops 4. I'm not great at it but it's worth it for the odd genuine punch the air moment.

Comment

BallisticNG. It's WipeOut brought into 2018 and beyond. 144hz really makes it shine.

Tried powering through DOOM (2016) on a higher difficulty but it just feels the same, if not easier than before. There's no way of selecting any higher without completing the game again it seems. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I've just gone here:

and you can still select the old game, including S:I, but not the new games (Hitman: Blood Money) yet.
                              If I follow the link it says "purchased", but you might be able to get it. Worth a pop!

Comment

I've just gone here:

and you can still select the old game, including S:I, but not the new games (Hitman: Blood Money) yet.
                                If I follow the link it says "purchased", but you might be able to get it. Worth a pop!
                                It worked. It worked ... is the cry ... Stuntman is mine so I don't have to, er, cry ...

Thanks buddy

Comment

Working...
                                X